Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

URGENT New EMail Warning message is worrying

ANSWERED
3 REPLIES 3
jeanrees0723
Conversation Starter

I am seeing an alert: "Items in this folder will be automaticall..." cannot see the rest of sentence: this appears above 'Spam' folder and 'Trash' folder.

This is new. What is going on? I want to be able to delete permanently what and when I decide to do so. It is troubling because despite all efforts some authentic contacts' mails continue to appear not in Inbox but in Trash. I want to retain those for sure. 
What is this latest change?

Gondola
Community Star
Solution

Hi jeanrees0723 

Spam and Trash Auto-deleted after 30 days 6Nov2020

TalkTalk are introducing a feature to auto-delete mail messages older than 30 days for the Spam and Trash folders only.

If you wish to retain, for some personal reason, mail that is in the Spam or Trash folders then you can create a personal My folder to keep a copy for as long as you wish.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

jeanrees0723
Conversation Starter
I really appreciate your rapid response. Very reassuring. Thanks.
OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi jeanrees0723, it's great to see that Gondola has helped you and that you've recognised that help. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.