Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unable To Delete An Email Address To Add A New Address

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Chatterbox

I have 5 email addresses registered against my account, 1 of which I want to delete to add a different live one in its place, but I am unable to delete any of my existing addresses, having seen several other posts on this issue I assume that I need an ADMIN to do this in the background?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Shytalk 

The usual reason for not being able to delete a mailbox address in your MyAccount is that the mailbox hasn't been found on the active database for MyAccount to complete the deletion process.

This happens if the mailbox hasn't been signed in to for more than 180 days so it's been placed on the inactive database or it hasn't been used for more than a year and it may be deleted already.

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es) for removal with any relevant other notes and finally save changes. TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then locate your registered TalkTalk details.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thanks for that, I have updated my profile accordingly.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Shytalk, I've sent you a personal message to obtain the information necessary to make the change for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.