Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unable to access lineone.net emails

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi - I have the same problem - had email account @ Lineone.net for c 20 years and just stopped working a week ago - cant even log onto the webmail.  Can anybody help get the password reset - concern is that somebody has hacked my email account and may be using it to reset other online facilities.  Many thanks from a desperate user!

Jon Harvey
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @jonph

Weak passwords* or compromised email accounts cause the email system to change the passwords or even lock the account for the security of customers.  Your account may not have been hacked but the team will check it out for you.

Have you previously set up Password Recovery for the Lineone email address? You could use the Reset your Password option. Or if you're a TalkTalk broadband customer or recent customer you can change your email password in MyAccount > My Services > Webmail - Manage Webmail if the email is listed there.

If not, just double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

Email address affected.

Your Full Name.

Date of Birth.

Phone number linked to the Lineone email address when first registered.

Full postal address linked to the Lineone email address when first registered.

Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team (for your security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them). Don't forget to save changes.

The personal information is used to verify the details recorded for the owner of the email address.

This topic has been escalated for the attention of the OCE's (TalkTalk Community support team) and the email expert will respond to you from Monday onwards, right here, to help you with account or password recovery.

* The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) comes into force on 25 May 2018. The GDPR is a regulation intended to strengthen data protection for all individuals within the European Union (EU). Password strength is crucially important in order to help secure and protect personal data.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Thanks - I have never set up Password Recovery and don't have an account with Talk talk - I have updated my details on this Community Personal Information page and added the notes to the Private Notes - Many thanks for your assistance - I'll wait a phonecall.
Jon Harvey
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi jonph, I've raised the ticket for you. You'll get a call today with the new password. Please let us know how you get on. 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi, thanks.  I missed a called at 15.31 on monday and they left a voicmail advising they would ring back.  Still not had another reply (Wednesday evening).  I would be grateful if you could follow up.  Many thanks

Jon Harvey
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi jonph, I've asked my colleagues to give you another call. I'd expect it relatively soon this morning.

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Thanks - call received and i now have a new password which works 🙂 Can you please suggest how i can change this? I cant seem to do this via the Webmail page, when i try and and create a new My Account it does not recognise my email account, tried forgotten account My Account, tried Rest My Password but says no recovery details held! I dont often use the Webmail and now Outlook has the password entered but would prefer to change it from the one provided. Any ideas? Thanks
Jon Harvey
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Jon

I believe OCE_Ady gave a hint that it may be possible to change a password when the new TalkTalk mail is launched. To do so would require users to set up password recovery with an alternate email and mobile phone. So with the new TalkTalk mail everyone would have a password recovery option right from the get go. Have to wait and see. TalkTalk are still preparing things for launch.

But, right now, it's not possible for you to change the lineone ultra-strong password you've been given. The best you can do is keep it safe. Maybe memorise it with a passphrase, for example, Mcgk45sdt might be My cricket game knocked 45 stumps down today. The sillier the better to memorise it.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team

Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. Gondola has fairly comprehensively answered your last question.