cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Unable to access my Tinyworld e-mail following account freeze

11 REPLIES
Highlighted
Chil7th
Chatterbox

Hello,

I'm seeking a password reset in order to access my frozen Tinyworld email. Its been offline with the usual warning messages about unrecognised user name or password for about a month now. It stopped working for no apparent reason after years of regular use, and only now is the reason clear from these message boards.

Any help or advice about how to restore things to normal would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!

Chris L
geddy
Team Player

Hi Chris

I had the same problem recently.

You need to update your community profile to include ALL of the following to the Private Notes section of your community profile:

Email address affected.
Full Name.
Date of Birth.
Mobile contact number.
Phone number linked to email address
Full postal address email is linked to.

Once you've added that post back to let Ady (he monitors these problems) know and he'll raise a fault ticket to get this sorted for you.

Good luck

geddy

p.s. If you're struggling to find the Private Notes section, click on your avatar at the top and select My Settings, tab down to click on Personal Information, and Personal Notes is the last box at the bottom. Don't forget to save the changes.

Chil7th
Chatterbox

Many thanks for your response Geddy, much appreciated. I think I have updated all I can, as requested. I'll continue to watch the board for further update.

Thanks again.

Chris L
Chil7th
Chatterbox

How long is this supposed to take? 

geddy wrote:

Hi Chris

I had the same problem recently.

You need to update your community profile to include ALL of the following to the Private Notes section of your community profile:

Email address affected.
Full Name.
Date of Birth.
Mobile contact number.
Phone number linked to email address
Full postal address email is linked to.

Once you've added that post back to let Ady (he monitors these problems) know and he'll raise a fault ticket to get this sorted for you.

Good luck

geddy

p.s. If you're struggling to find the Private Notes section, click on your avatar at the top and select My Settings, tab down to click on Personal Information, and Personal Notes is the last box at the bottom. Don't forget to save the changes.

Chris L
geddy
Team Player

Hi Chris

It seems that Ady, the guy who raises the ticket for the Network Team to investigate the problem and issue new passwords, hasn't responded to any new threads since a week last Friday or so. His responses are easily spotted because they are in red as "OCE_Ady". You have to scroll down four or five pages to spot a thread where he was the last responder.

As I've said to other folks, it seems that he is the only one who monitors these threads, and maybe he's on holiday...??

All-in-all, it doesn't appear to be good customer service on the part of TalkTalk.

Fingers crossed you'll get a response soon.

geddy

p.s. If it's any help, when the Network Team contacted me with my new password, the number they rang from was 0800 955 5544.  I shoukd give it a try.

Chil7th
Chatterbox

Thanks again Geddy.

Chris L
geddy
Team Player

Hi Chris

Has your problem been resolved - as it looks like Ady has missed your thread.

If it's still not resolved, I should start a new thread as similar ones logged today have been responded to already by Ady.

Cheers

geddy

Chil7th
Chatterbox

Thanks mate, I will. Much obliged to you. 

Chris L
Community Team

Hi Chil7th, I've raised the fault ticket for you. You should get a call today. Let us know how you get on.

Chil7th
Chatterbox

Got my phone call and a new password today - many thanks to all concerned for the support provided. I can now access my tinyworld e-mail once again! 

Chris L
Community Team

You're very welcome. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted.

geddy
Team Player

Hi Chris

Glad to see you got sorted. All's well that ends well, eh?

geddy