Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unable to access my lineone email account

18 REPLIES
Fahmi5
Popular Poster

Hi I have the same problem in my email I can't access my email as it says the password is wrong even though haven't changed the password. But further more when I try to change my password for my whole account I reach the page where they send you the 6 digit security code, once I get an sms with this code and I enter it on the page it takes me to the enter new password page, I enter the new password that I want but when I click enter it keeps saying "something went wrong" and then I just can't go any further with the process. Every time I speak to customer technical support at Talk Talk they just send me an email saying clear  your Cache!! I am stuck. Please help.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Fahmi5

I'm not sure what you mean by change the password for your whole account.  Do you mean change the password for MyAccount?  This will not change the email password.

Have you previously set up Password Recovery for the Lineone email? You could use the Reset your Password option. Or with access to MyAccount you can change your email password in MyAccount > My Services > Webmail - Manage Webmail if the email is listed there.

If not, just double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

Email address affected.

Your Full Name.

Date of Birth.

Phone number linked to the email address (when you were a former Lineone customer).

Full postal address that the email was linked to when first registered.

Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team (for your security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them). Don't forget to save changes.

The personal information verifies the details on record for the service account that the email was related to.

This topic has been escalated for the attention of the OCE's (TalkTalk Community support team) and the email expert will respond to you right here to help you with password recovery.

Gondola - Community support team *

To appreciate my support  . . .  If I helped with a solution Best Answer

Fahmi5
Popular Poster

Hi, thank you, I just tried the "reset your password" link you sent me, guess what, it now says "The email address you have entered is not valid or we do not have any recovery details for you. Please check then try again."

This is the problem I have been facing. And yes when I say I've been trying to change the my password for my "whole account" I mean "My Account".

Thank you again for your help. I think my stress levels over this are sky high right now.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Fahmi5

I'll guide you through changing the password to your MyAccount. You'll need your landline telephone number and your account number and your recovery mobile number must be working.

Here are the full instructions to Changing your MyAccount password (Click here)

• To start Click here - it's the forgotten your password link
  • Click on the Account Details tab
  • Enter your Home Phone Number
  • Enter your Account Number
  • Click Continue
  • You'll get a 6 digit code by text message to your registered mobile
    You have just 1 hour and 3 attempts to enter the code correctly
  • Click Continue
  • Create your new MyAccount Password
  • Click Continue

Community Team

Hi Fahmi5, please add times when you're available for calls. It will have to be in UK time please. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Fahmi5
Popular Poster

Hi Oce Ady

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I am available from 9am to 2pm. Many thanks.

Fahmi5
Popular Poster

Hi Gondola

Thank you. I have done exactly the steps below...I enter the 6digit code etc etc and once I enter the new password I want to create and click continue...nothing happens...the page just doesn't do anything, doesn't move, the browser is just still.....it's confusing....

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Fahmi5

You should get a confirmation of the MyAccount password change and an email sent to your MyAccount email address and after 5 minutes you should be able to log in to your MyAccount with the new password.

If there's an issue with the browser then, rather than clearing history and cookies and caches etc., just try a different browser. I use Firefox and Chrome as the two browsers I keep updated with the latest security on my notebook.

Fahmi5
Popular Poster

Hi Gondola..."You should get a confirmation of the MyAccount password change and an email sent to your MyAccount email address and after 5 minutes you should be able to log in to your MyAccount with the new password."......that's the thing...I tried two different browsers and two different computers....same things...it just stops after I enter my new desired password....

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Fahmi5

I wonder if the reason that the password change is stalling is because your chosen new password is not strong enough? i.e. It's refusing to accept the password?

To ensure that access to your TalkTalk services is secure, your password must: 

• Be at least eight characters long.
  • Use one of these special characters ! ( ) - , . ? [ ] _ ~ ; : ' @ # $ % ^ & * + =
  • Include upper and lower case letters.
  • But not include spaces

I changed my password recently and I didn't have any problems.

Community Team

Hi Fahmi5,

I've raised the email issue to our network team, you should be contacted within the next few days by our network team with your new password

Thanks

Chris

Fahmi5
Popular Poster
Hi Chris
Thank you so much. I shall wait for their call. Nothing as yet so far from them. I'll keep you posted. Many thanks.
Community Team

Hi Fahmi5, I've raised the ticket for you. You should get a call today between 9 and 2 as requested.  Please let me know how you get on.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Community Team

Hi Fahmi5, my colleague has tried to call an is getting "your call can not be completed as dialled’ message.

Please check the mobile number in your profile for me and either confirm it's correct or change it if not.

Fahmi5
Popular Poster

Hi Ady, my number is an Australian number itsobscured for customer security. It's in my profile and is listed under the "number to contact you on". I have a feeling he might have used my UK number. If he wants to use my UK number then perhaps obscured for customer security would work. It's a landline but will transfer him to me on my Australian number. But my Australian number above is with me all the time. Thank you again for all your help

Fahmi5
Popular Poster

Sorry Ady, my full number is obscured for customer security Thank you so much. If that doeant work please try obscured for customer security Thank you very much.

Community Team

Thanks for checking that. I've passed it over to my colleague to give you another try today.

Highlighted
Fahmi5
Popular Poster

Hi Ady

I got the phone call and now I have the new password, worked GREAT, mission accomplished, thank you so much for all your help. A huge relief. Many many thanks. :-)

Community Team

You're very welcome. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted.