would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unable to access old Tiscali email Account

34 REPLIES 34
djosef
Participant

Hi there,

I'm trying to access an old tiscali email address.

The email address was active up to a few months ago when the old PC died.

I now have a new PC but no idea of the password for the account.

I have not been a talktalk customer for a number of years and I am only given the option to send the password reset to this email account so I guess that means that foolishly I didn't set up a recovery email account.

Thansk in advance

Community Team

Hi djosef, please add a landline number so that I can get recovery setup for you. 

djosef
Participant

landline where I am now or where the account was set up?

Community Team

Whichever will allow us to match you to your email address. 

djosef
Participant

Current Landline added (none TT)

Community Team

Is there no chance you can remember your old one? 

djosef
Participant
I have updated with one of the landline numbers
Community Team

Hi djosef, I can't see any landline numbers in your profile. Did you click on submit when you were done?

djosef
Participant

Hi,

I've re edited it. Hopefully you can see them now.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi djosef, I can and I've raised the fault ticket for you. You should have recovery details up and working in the next couple of days. Please let us know how you get on.

djosef
Participant

Will do.

Thanks

djosef
Participant

Still have had not contact from yourselves. Can you please chase this up.

Thanks in advance

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @djosef 

Password Reset details may have been set up for the email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive the reset. Please do try the Reset your Password option. If there's an alternate shown that you recognise from the hints, and have access to, then please reset the password.

If the self-help password change / recovery options aren't effective or haven't been set up then I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

djosef
Participant
Hey Gondola,

Thanks for the quick response but it appears you may have automatically responded to this without actually reading it. If possible can you chase this up with whom ever was being refered to in post 10 (see below)

Thanks in advance

"‎06-06-2019 06:45 AM Post 10 of 13
Re: Unable to access old Tiscali email Account
Hi djosef, I can and I've raised the fault ticket for you. You should have recovery details up and working in the next couple of days. Please let us know how you get on."
Gondola
Community Star

...I read the post.

@djosef wrote: ...Thanks for the quick response but it appears you may have automatically responded to this without actually reading it.

Post 10 of 13
Re: Unable to access old Tiscali email Account
You should have recovery details up and working in the next couple of days. Please let us know how you get on."

You may have automatically responded without thinking - Have you tried to reset the password using Reset / Recovery details?

Let me know if that works or does not work.

djosef
Participant
wow so not only do you insult me but you still did not read the opening post specifically the second paragraph. (see below)

"I have not been a talktalk customer for a number of years and I am only given the option to send the password reset to this email account so I guess that means that foolishly I didn't set up a recovery email account."

But I digress yes I have tried that and no unfortunately it did not work but thanks for tryng to help
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @djosef 

I have read this entire thread. Thank you for finally answering the question.

Now we know for certain that TalkTalk have not yet set up Reset details I will alert TalkTalk for you.

djosef
Participant
Hey Gondola

Thank you for reading my first post where answer your question and secondly for obliging me by completing my request from post 12.

hopefully i will hear from them soon
Community Team

Hi djosef, I've heard nothing since raising the fault ticket, so I've sent a chaser to the admins to see what's happening.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi djosef, I've heard nothing since raising the fault ticket, so I've sent a chaser to the admins to see what's happening.