Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unable to add existing Tiscali email address to TalkTalk account

6 REPLIES 6
pescals
First Timer

I have received emails from TalkTalk asking me to link my existing Tiscali email address to my broadband account. The emails are addressed to my late husband and say I will lose most of my email features if I don’t comply soon. I have tried numerous times to add the Tiscali email to my TalkTalk account but get the error message - Sorry something went wrong and we are unable to add the TalkTalk email. Please try again later.

I have spent several hours now on the online chat help and on the phone to TalkTalk. No-one seems able or willing to help me and I cannot afford to have problems with my email as it is linked to all my online services. I believe the problem has something to do with the Tiscali email account being in my late husbands name and the broadband account being in my name. I have asked TalkTalk to change everything into my name but only some things got changed.

I have updated my community profile with all the info I think is required and I would really appreciate any help in getting the email address linked to my broadband account. Thank you.

Carole
Community Team

Hi pescals, was the other account on the same telephone number and can you login to the mailbox and see the emails?

pescals
First Timer

Hi Ady,

Thanks for your reply.

I login to my email via this web page: https://apps.talktalk.co.uk/appsuite

I can see my emails okay now. I'm just worried I will have problems if I can't make the link to my broadband accont that Talktalk are asking me to do.

To be strictly accurate, we have only ever had one account so, yes - its the same telephone number. After my husband died, I asked Talktalk to change the name on the account from his to mine. It was upsetting to keep getting correspondence addressed Dear P****. I guess I should have left it alone as, I think this may have contributed to the problem.

Thank you - C

Carole
Community Team

To be clear you did exactly the right thing. This is isn't a problem you've created. I can get this sorted for you. It may take a little while but in the meantime I've added the email address to the list of those to be excluded from further action. You may still receive emails about it but ignore them. 

pescals
First Timer

That is a relief. Thank you so much for your help with this.

C

Carole
Community Team

I've sent this over to be managed by the CEO team for you. They'll be able to keep you updated and make the changes for you. 

Community Team

Hi BrendaMC, I've sent you a personal message to obtain the necessary information to raise the request. 

Ady