Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unable to add lineone or tinyworld email to TalkTalk plus account

4 REPLIES 4
Exiled_Moonraker
Participant

Longstanding customer who has upgraded over the years. The link contained within the email just comes up with "Request rejected", Live Chat is continually unavailable and unable to add either a lineone or a tinyworld email address.

To the best of my knowledge only 1 email address is on the account - a tiscali address.

Please explain how I can these addresses.

Thanks

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Exiled_Moonraker 

TalkTalk Broadband customers can, via their Broadband MyAccount, create, add and use up to 5 mailboxes free as part of their TalkTalk service.

Emails are going out asking existing TalkTalk customers to register 'unattached' mailboxes in their MyAccount so that, subject to space being available, those mailboxes are not subject to deletion or charges.

If for any reason the 'Register your email address in MyAccount' blue button in the email doesn't work then sign in to MyAccount and select My Services and then Manage TalkTalk Mail from the drop-down list.

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount - My Services Menu.png

Manage TalkTalk Mail - Add an existing mailbox.png

Select the Add an existing mailbox link and follow the instructions, entering the first part of the email address, selecting the second part of the email address from the drop down list and then entering the mailbox password and selecting the Add blue button.

Add an existing homecall mailbox.png

The added mailbox address will then appear in the My Mailboxes list.

Let us know if that's been successful. Assuming it has then you've safeguarded the mailboxes within the TalkTalk Broadband MyAccount and you'll be happy to know the mailboxes and all the features of TalkTalk Mail are free.

The circumstance when adding a mailbox is not successful can be resolved by TalkTalk so let us know if that happens. A mailbox can be locked to an inactive MyAccount or not be on the active database preventing it from being added to a current MyAccount. Adding to the 5th slot in MyAccount may still be an issue for some customers.

Gondola - Offline no posts or PM's

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Exiled_Moonraker
Participant

Thanks for your reply.

I should have made it clearer in my post that I have already tried the method described in your reply but I get a message saying that there is a problem - try later. I have tried numerous times without success. Both are active addresses. I have checked that the password is correct.

I was pleased to read that TalkTalk can solve problem. please advise what further actions I need to take.

Thanks

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Exiled_Moonraker 

@Exiled_Moonraker wrote:...To the best of my knowledge only 1 email address is on the account - a tiscali address...

So, having now signed in to MyAccount, can you positively confirm there is just the tiscali mailbox and that neither the lineone or the tinyworld addresses have been added so there are still 4 vacant slots available?

To the best of your knowledge have the lineone or tinyworld addresses been added to previous MyAccounts that you may have had?  If the addresses are already associated with another MyAccount they'll need to be unlinked by TalkTalk before you can add them to the current MyAccount.

In preparation, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current TalkTalk contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the lineone and tinyworld email addresses and Save changes.

Gondola - Offline no posts or PM's

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi Exiled_Moonraker, I've sent you a personal message so that I can get this sorted for you.