cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unable to delete old email address from my account - Again!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
First Timer

Like other members, I have 5 email addresses registered against my account, 1 of which I want to delete to add a different live one in its place, but I am unable to delete any of my existing addresses. Having seen several other posts on this issue I assume that I need an ADMIN to do this in the background? Necessary information already added to my profile. Can this be arranged please? Thank you in advance.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @franspan 

I've alerted the TalkTalk team to your request and they'll be in touch here from tomorrow.

You'll usually be able to permanently delete a mailbox from your MyAccount if it's active and therefore the MyAccount delete process finds the email address on the active database so it can find and delete the mailbox contents and remove the address to the inactive / deleted email address database.

If the mailbox is inactive then, you're right, the TalkTalk team will need to authorise removal.

I'm interested in you saying that you cannot delete any of the mailboxes in your MyAccount. Can I assume that the 4 other mailboxes are definitely active?  i.e. you can sign in to each of them at the TalkTalk Mail sign in here

What error message do you get and at what point when you try to delete an active mailbox in your MyAccount? - please don't confirm any deletion though as I don't want you to permanently lose an active mailbox as you'll not be able to recreate it.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi franspan, I've sent you a personal message to obtain the necessary security information. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.