would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unable to log into TalkTalk Business Webmail

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor

Hi  My Pipex email account was obviously involved in your major outage yesterday afternoon, and which affected both my POP and IMAP platforms.  As of this morning, I have been unable to log into IMAP, both on Windows 10 and Android, even though I am attempting to use the same credentials that worked up until the outage kicked off.  I am aware that others are also affected, from other topics on this forum, associated with the incident yesterday.

Could I please ask what the cause of this issue is likely to be, and to suggest a remedy to restore my Webmail service, since without it, I have no mobile email capability via TalkTalk?  I fully understand that this is unlikely to be addressed before Monday.    

Thank you

Regards

Highlighted
Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor

Bumping this thread to report that my access to Webmail seems to have been restored a short time ago.

Regards

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Muddymedic, thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

Highlighted
Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor

You're very welcome, but can we expect any sort of explanation behind this major outage, which clearly affected Pipex connectivity on both POP and Webmail (the latter for a considerable period), please?

Highlighted
Community Team

I've had no messages at all about an outage except from yourselves. I'll ask and see if I can get more information for you. 

Highlighted
Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor

Hi OCE_Ady

I thought you had been uncharacteristically silent over this incident!  Thanks for offering to follow this up.  Just to summarise: it appears that there was no connectivity to and from the Pipex domain last Friday from around 1230 until early in the evening. This affected both POP and Webmail.  There were still significant delays in POP email delivery until well into Saturday, and Webmail was not available until much later.

Regards

Highlighted
Community Team

I haven't had word back yet, but if was a betting man I'd say it was down to an influx of traffic from spammers on unauthorised IP addresses. I'll confirm when I hear back. 

Highlighted
Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor

Good morning

I look forward to seeing a definitive explanation, in due course.  In the meantime,I would also place a few quid on your bet as to the cause!

Regards

Highlighted
Community Team

I'll let you know as soon as I have any news. 

Highlighted
Neville_C
First Timer

Good morning,

Logging in to my two Pipex Business webmail accounts has been getting more and more difficult as the week has progressed.

This morning I am unable to access my account at all. Last successful access was at 04.34 this morning (09/03/2019).

Please could you look into this?

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Neville_C,

The issue with Pipex should now be resolved, are you currently experiencing any problems? Apologies for any inconvenience

Chris