Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unable to login to Lineone email

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi I'm having the same problem with my lineone account. I can login via webmail but not via outlook following upgrade

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Russo109 

It's not the same problem if you can sign in to TalkTalk Webmail but not via the Outlook email client.  Unless the sign in bug has been partially fixed, that's usually an issue with Outlook or your Internet security software blocking secure ports.

So, the first thing is to confirm that the password that works to sign you in to TalkTalk Webmail to your lineone mailbox on the new platform is the same password that you're using with Outlook.

Then, troubleshoot the sign in from Outlook by disabling any blocking software and Internet security software temporarily to see if Outlook will connect using the proven password to your lineone mailbox.

If still having problems then take screenshots of the server and advanced settings, image edit to obscure the first part of your email address, and upload here using the Photos icon above this Reply area.  I'll take a look to see if anything is wrong.

The lineone settings in use are: Email settings - IMAP & POP3 Expand the lineone section and if using multiple devices to connect to a mailbox it's normal to use the IMAP column settings. But if you do change from POP3 to IMAP do save your downloaded emails first to a local folder on the device.  Don't use SPA or any password encryption but do use SSL/TLS security encryption for the email connection.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Hi I've found out the problem, the web mail keeps reverting back to my original email when set up years ago. No matter how many times I change the password it reverts back to my original email password so problem talk talk end
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Russo109 

There is a current issue where the mailbox password being selected is a previously stored password rather than the current or newly changed password.

Interesting that you said you were able to sign in to Webmail ok. Are you able to sign in using both a current changed password and an older stored one?

Please check your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, address, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and add the email address to Private notes along with Reset details - an alternate active email address and a mobile number (for the team to check your password recovery is set up) and then save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to link you to your TalkTalk email account.

Highlighted
Chatterbox
I was able to log in webmail but no longer and have to use old password now
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Russo109 

That's clarified it then. You cannot sign in to your lineone mailbox at all with a new password as the system is defaulting to an old stored password. That is the current issue other lineone customers newly migrated to the new TalkTalk Mail platform are experiencing.

TalkTalk will need to raise a fault ticket to have this fixed for you.

Just ensure you do update your Community profile as previously outlined.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thanks for your help. I've updated my profile, tried live chat but as I've no talk talk account he couldn't help me - will this be picked up via one of the talk talk forum moderators now?

Highlighted
Community Star

@Russo109 wrote: ...will this be picked up via one of the talk talk forum moderators now?

…that'll be me then! I'd escalated a request to the TalkTalk Community team for you on 20th. Hang on for the reply from the TalkTalk Community team OCE who will authorise a password change.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Russo109 

I alerted TalkTalk on your behalf over a week ago. I've just reescalated.

The feedback for the lineone password issue isn't very positive yet. The TalkTalk third-line engineers know what's happened. A fix is being put into place. The timescale for a solution hasn't been declared.

You'll have seen the reply I made to member Steviecat.