Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unable to read or even delete emails

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Trying to open/read emails or even delete emails and get  this error code: 

Error

The connection to remote server 127.0.0.1 was refused or timed out while attempting to connect.

Please try again later.

Also my Sent, Trash and Spam tabs on the left don't load

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @railwaydriver 

In TalkTalk Mail (Webmail) the error is an internal platform error due to the server(s) being busy.

Error-Failed to load message content 03Nov2019.png

The advisory message "try again later" is appropriate - select the Retry link. It's not a permanent error.

Error-Failed to load messages 03Nov2019.png

And similarly for the Folder List view. If that fails to load on screen at busy times just wait a minute and then select Retry.

Collecting your emails using an email client or app is a good workaround. Try Thunderbird on a computer or any mail app on a mobile device. Set up as an IMAP email client.

Escalated to the TalkTalk team in case there's a problem with your mailbox.

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add the email address with any relevant other notes and finally save changes. TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then locate your registered TalkTalk details.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @railwaydriver 

Service status reports "The TalkTalk Mail issue has now been resolved and the service has been fully restored. We'd like to apologise for any inconvenience caused during this time."

Let us know if there's any additional help we can offer.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi railwaydriver, let us know if you need help with anything or if your service hasn't returned to normal. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Thanks @OCE_Ady , been away.

This problem has now been sorted 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

That's great. Thanks for letting us know it's sorted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.