Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unable to receive emails on any platform

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Team Player

For a while now I have been unable to receive email on one of my talktalk email addresses. The others in our family are all working fine. I get the message unable to connect to mail.talktalk.net. I have followed the instructions to update the settings but it hasn't helped. Can anyone advise what I can do. Thanks

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @GFS58 

There's a problem with email. The incident is being worked on and you can track it on the Service Status (Email) page. 

However, if the issue with your one email pre-dates early this morning, i.e. has been an issue for a while then post back and we'll take you through troubleshooting.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi, thanks for your reply.  This has been happening for a few weeks, probably since the last time email went down. The other addresses have functioned and are functioning OK but this one isn't.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi GFS58 

Open a browser and get access to the mailbox via the TalkTalk Mail sign in and then check there's no Auto forward or Filter rule diverting your mail messages.

Main Settings menu (triple line icon top right header - mobile browser? use the desktop version) > Settings > Select the arrow by Mail in the side panel > select Auto forward - Disable > go back to the side panel and select Filter rules - Disable.

Advice on using TalkTalk Mail

Let us know if you find any Auto forward enabled or Filter rule active.

Highlighted
Team Player
Thank you. I checked and it isn't but just a few moments ago I received an email to my inbox. Not sure if that is it fixed but here's hoping.
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @GFS58 

To check the mailbox is working as expected you can do a simple check of composing a mail message and sending that message to the same address you're signed in to. Check that the mail sends and is in the Sent objects folder and then arrives and stays in the Inbox.

If the messages do not stay in the Inbox then the most likely scenario is that an email client is connecting to the mailbox as a POP3 email account, downloading and deleting from the Inbox.

If that's happening then change the mailbox password to lock out all other devices. Then check your other email connecting devices to see if your Inbox emails are there and if that email app is set up as a POP3 email account.