Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unable to register existing email addresses

5 REPLIES 5
AJK19
First Timer

I'm new to the forum and am worried about losing my emails but I have got nowhere with online chat, writing emails to customer services and sending a letter to H.O. and just don't know how to get in touch with the right person.

I have a broadband, landline and mobile account which I took over from my father who passed away last year as I live at the same address.  Nothing has changed apart from my name on the account.  There are 3 Talktalk email accounts which were set up by me when the account was in my father's name.  I have used them for many years but am unable to register them now the account is in my name.  Please could someone advise who could be able to help.

Many thanks

Gondola
Community Star

Hi AJK19 

The transfer of ownership of a broadband account is part of business as usual by contacting the bereavement team in the case of the account holder passing away.

However, there's no automatic right to inherit or transfer email accounts registered to your late father.

But it's a fact that families do share out email addresses from the 5 allowed in a customer's MyAccount.  What's needed is to make an application to the Data Protection Team to have the three mailboxes assigned to you.

The DP team will look at the circumstances, and by looking at your proof of identity via your current MyAccount alongside the registration and use of each email address showing that it was created for you and used by you alone then there shouldn't be a problem in assigning the mailbox registrations to you and adding them to your MyAccount.

The article Access information we hold on you has their postal address but you can also contact them via any of the other ways of contacting TalkTalk just by asking to be transferred to the Data Protection Team. For the best chance of talking in person try weekdays 9am - 4pm.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi AJK19, I've sent you a personal message to obtain the necessary information from to you request that the mails are moved. 

AJK19
First Timer

Thank you for your reply Gondola, that information is very helpful in explaining the situation.  A member of the TalkTalk team has contacted me for further details so hopefully I can get a solution. I will know in the future that the community forum is the best place to come for advice. Thank you.

Gondola
Community Star

You're very welcome.

Ady is one of the TalkTalk Community team of UK based experts that support our Community and is taking your case forward to a solution.

Halloween or not, if you're having a 'Fright night' - Knock on the Community door to get treated right.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi AJK19, it shouldn't take too long to get this sorted for you. Please let us know how you get on.