Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unable to reset Tiscali pasword. No Talktalk account

28 REPLIES 28
Juliechansing
Participant

Hello ,  my old Tiscali account has been blocked and I can’t reset the password as I don’t have a talktalk account.  I have seen that a few other people have had the same problem so I have updated my information in my profile.  Hopefully this problem can be sorted soon.

Julie

Julie
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Julie

I assume you say the email is blocked because when you try password recovery at https://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk/forgotdetails/index/webmailindex You enter the e-mail address. Tick the I'm not a robot and select the continue button. If that is when you see a red bordered box next to the e-mail address that says "This email address is currently blocked" then you'll need help to get that email address unblocked / unsuspended.

The email address will have been suspended because the email system has detected suspicious activity. It could just be repeated tries at guessing the password or the account has been compromised or the password is so weak that it puts the email account at risk.

If the above is what's happening then a fault ticket will be needed so the email admins are authorised to unblock the email address.

I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you.

In the meantime, you may wish to check the devices that you use for email and scan them with anti-malware / anti-virus software to make sure that they've not been compromised with password capturing malware.

You can also check your email address at haveibeenpwned.com to see if it's registered at any site that's had a known data breach. If it is not listed then that's good news. But if it is listed then that may help you to protect other online sites where you've registered the email address. 

Let us know if you find anything suspicious but don't reveal any personal details.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi Julie, please add the affected email address to the private notes in your profile and I'll be able to raise a fault ticket for you.

Juliechansing
Participant

Hi

I have already tried what you suggested and it goes round in circles as I can't get passed the robot and into the email

Can a ticket be raised for this to reactive the account

Julie

Julie
Community Team

Hi Julie,

I've raised this to our network team. If you don't hear anything over the weekend can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll check for updates

Thanks

Chris

Juliechansing
Participant

Hello,  

I didn't hear anything over the weekend.  Would you be able to check for an update.

Julie
Community Team

Hi Julie, this was sorted yesterday afternoon. You should now be able to reset your password via Password Recovery.

Juliechansing
Participant

Hello,

I get the option to reset my password sending the reset code to @Tiscali.co.uk or a text to a number ending 2452.  

I don't have access to the email account so can't select option 1 and don't have a number ending 2452 so can't select this option either.

please can you advise

Julie
Community Team

Ok now that the block is lifted I'll have to raise another ticket for your password recovery to be setup. Please add an alternate email addresss to your community profile in private notes and I'll raise the ticket for you. Please don't post it here in the thread. 

Juliechansing
Participant

Hi,

I have added an alternative email in my private notes.

many thanks

Julie
Community Team

Thanks, I've raised the fault ticket to have recovery details setup for you. Please let us know how you get on. 

Juliechansing
Participant

Hi,

is there any update as yet? I still can’t reset the password.

many thanks

Julie
Community Team

Not yet I'm afraid. I'll chase it for you now. 

Juliechansing
Participant

Hello

i still can’t reset the password.  Any idea how long this will take for someone to add the alternative email for the reset code?

thanks

Julie
Community Team

I'm sorry you've not heard anything yet. I've sent a chaser to the team to try and get this sorted quickly for you.

Juliechansing
Participant

Hello,

i still haven’t been able to reset the password as the alternative email address hasn’t been added.  Can you provide an update on this?

many thanks

Julie
Community Team

It was showing as having been sorted, but it's not and my colleagues are working to put it right for you. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back.

Juliechansing
Participant

Hello,

is is there any update ?

thanks

Julie
Community Team

Not yet so I've sent a chaser to my colleagues to have this escalated for you.

Juliechansing
Participant

Hello,

do do you know how long this is likely to take ?

its been three weeks since my account was blocked and I haven’t been able to gain access to any of my emails. Just checked again and the alternative email address still hasn’t been added.

thanks

Julie