Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unable to reset password on Tiscali Email account

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Chatterbox

HI

I have gone to log on to my Tiscali email address and have received the message : - 

Your account has been blocked because of suspicious activity on it. You can learn more about it here. To regain access, please reset your password. 

I click on the reset password link and it asks me if i want the reset link to go to my email address or my mobile ( it obvious knows who I am as the mobile number is correct)

However, when I click on the mobile choice it then takes me to a page that states  

We are currently experiencing technical issues with My Account

I have now been getting this message for 3 days and having tried the Talk Talk helpdesk they are unable to help as I don't have a Talk Talk account!!

I have several important emails i need to access on my Tiscali account including a holiday booking, an e-ticket for a concert and also communications with my financial adviser and I really don't want to loose access to all these but I can't find out how to reset /unlock my blocked password/account 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @albyncottage 

I'm seeing the same technical issues message.  Looks like there is a problem sending the SMS message out to our mobile numbers. 

We are currently experiencing technical issues with MyAccount 09Sep2019.png

However, the reset sent to an alternative email address is working fine. Do you not have an alternate email address set up in addition to the mobile number?

Reset your password 3 - Email Reset Link.png

If not, I'll let the TalkTalk Community team know that you need your Reset Details updating to add an alternative email address so you have an extra way of recovering access to your mailbox for times like this.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down and add the email address to Private notes and Save changes.

A TalkTalk OCE will send you a Private Message requesting personal data to verify you as the registered user (your email registration details) and they'll need the alternate email address to set that up for you which will then enable you to choose a new password.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Hi Gondola

Thank you for your quick response

Unfortunately I did not have an alternate email address set up in addition to the mobile number so I  have filled in the details on my personal information page and also put an alternative email to my tiscali email in the private notes section

I look forward to hearing from the Talk Talk OCE

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi albyncottage,

Our engineers are working to fix the issue with the password reset SMS, the latest update is on our Service Status page

Chris

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi

I have still not received anything to my alternative email address in order to reset my password and am still not able to do it via SMS

Highlighted

Hi albyncottage, there's a fault with the sms system as I'm sure you've guessed. The email system is working normally though. Have you received the email to your junk folder?

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

No - Just double checked - Has the reset message been sent to my alternative email ( i.e my yahoo one) as i was told would happen?

Highlighted

Is that what you have setup as your alternate in password recovery? If you've not got recovery setup let me know and I'll send you a personal message to get the necessary information to raise the fault ticket needed for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

HI 

If you look at the thread above I was instructed to add an alternative email to my personal detail so you guys could send me a password reset to my yahoo email so i can  reset the password on my tiscali account as it is currently locked for security purposes

Highlighted

Apologies in that case, I've sent you a personal message to obtain the necessary information to raise a fault ticket to have password recovery updated for you. 

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Can i ask where the personal message has been sent to?

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Forget last question! Just received email to my Yahoo account! 

Only thing I can't figure out is where i reply with the answers?

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi I'm having the same problem, the recovery email address is my Tiscali e-mail which is locked.  Can the recovery email be sent to obscured for customer security

Mark Hughes
Highlighted
First Timer

******@tiscali.co.uk is locked and I'm not getting an sms to my mobile, can someone please send me a code manually to the mobile registered to my account?

Mark Hughes
Highlighted

Hi mark hughes, please start your own thread and I'll be happy to help. I've removed your personal information from the post as this is an open community. I've sent you a personal message to obtain the information I need, but do start that new thread.