cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unable to send business e-mails to talktalk.net

8 REPLIES 8
First Timer

Hi all, apologies if this is not the correct avenue to report this issue however  I was directed here by the support agent who was trying to assist me.

We are currently trying to send e-mails to customers mailboxes on the talktalk.net domain however it looks like there is SMTP issues on the TalkTalk side as per the error log below.

Transfer to mx.talktalk.net. [62.24.202.42] For: test-mail@talktalk.net Receiving system returned "Deferred: Connection timed out with mx.talktalk.net." status 4.0.0, "Transient failure"

and

Transfer to mx.talktalk.net. [62.24.202.42] For: test-mail@talktalk.net Receiving system returned "Deferred: 452 4.2.0 wSScihmSf2yiGwSSciU0Yf Content defered (TT991)" status 4.0.0, "Transient failure"

"Deferred: 452" is a SMTP error which means "

Your mail server is 'overloaded'. This could be caused by too many messages attempting to send at once, the server being out of memory or storage space"

Is there any issues currently on the MX servers for Talktalk.net?

we have a on going issue with trying to send e-mails to customers, due to the nature of the contents of the e-mail, I am unable to disclose too much information.

Kind Regards,

Jayson

Community Star

Hi @Jayson Davies 

The test-mail mailbox is not currently available. The connection has therefore timed out and delivery has failed.

The content deferred message means that the mail message has not been passed to the recipient straight away but deferred for scanning by the Cloudmark spam protection process.

You say you have a known ongoing issue getting mail to recipients because of the nature of the mail content. If the content is likely to be picked up by spam protection then maybe you know what you need to do?

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

First Timer

Hi @Gondola 

All customers with a *@talktalk.net addresses are having the same issue, the network team at talk talk do not wish to comment or assist at present but at the moment all mail to that domain is leaving our MX servers fine and making the connection to the TalkTalk Relay fine. the delivery is the part that is failing on the talk talk end.

I will highlight, we do not have a mail issue sending to all other domains.

Our Mail filter is successfully making the SMTP connection (And TLS) to the relay (defined by MX Record of talktalk.net)

We have no reported impact or indicators of any other faults we are seeing successful delivery to all other customers who do not use a talktalk.net domain (see error 452)

Thank you for your comment.

Kind Regards,

Jay,

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Jay, if you send 2 or 3 examples of this to me I can have this reset if not cleared completely. Please include the timestamp the mail was sent, sender address & recipient address and send it to supersafeboost@talktalkplc.com.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

First Timer

Hi Ady. 

I am not to sure if you managed to get my recent e-mails in regards to this.

@OCE_Ady 

Kind Regards,

Hi Jayson Davies, I did receive your mails and I've raised the ticket to the team to have this investigated for you. I've also sent it to the team from Cloudmark in case they see a need for them to act for you. I'll update as soon as I've heard back.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Hi Jayson Davies, I've had word back from Cloudmark that they definitely aren't the cause of this problem as their filters are offline now. I can't raise a fault ticket to the admins as you're not a customer, but I have forwarded your comments and messages to the team for review.

Ady

First Timer

Hi @OCE_Ady 

Thank you for trying, we are going to recommend our customers use a alternative mail provider/system until our SMTP connections are accepted, just we can ensure our customers don't feel the pinch so to speak.

we are going to recommend customers who use TalkTalk raise support tickets until us or our third party mail provider are able to make progress.

Please pass my details on if need be which are contained in my business e-mail signature.

Kind Regards,

Jay

You're welcome Jay, it's just a shame I couldn't get it sorted. 

Ady