Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unable to send mail from tiscali account

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
First Timer

Yesterday I attempted to send mail to multiple recipients. Error message below received. Tried with fewer recipients - still rejected. Now all emails,  even sent to single address, are errore with the same message.

Advice please.

The message could not be sent. The setting for your outgoing email [SMTP] server might need to be configured. To find the server settings for '######@######.com', please contact your email service provider.

Subject '##'
Server Error: 453
Server Response: 453 4.1.1 NwdsjfQz1ltwL Too Many Recipients (TT502)
Server: 'smtp.tiscali.co.uk'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC79
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 587
Secure(SSL): No

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @jdford 

Please sign in to TalkTalk Mail using your tiscali email address and password. Tell us if there's an error message or if you can sign in ok. And then compose and send the same email address a mail message to prove that the message is seen in the Sent objects folder and in the Inbox.

However, you may need to wait until tomorrow for the sending limit counter to be fully reset.

Your Windows Live Mail (WLM) email client is not using secure settings. It is required that secure settings are used and your outgoing mail is authenticated by the network to ensure mail is accepted by recipients.

The recommended settings are Email settings - IMAP & POP3 

But WLM is outdated and you'd be best to consider Windows Mail or Thunderbird, for example.

Advice on using TalkTalk Mail

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

Thank you Gondola. In the meantime the 24 hour time reset - which I was not aware of - has cleared the problem. I have acted on your advice to move away from WLM.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi jdford 

Thanks for taking time out to let us know. We always appreciate your feedback.

Let us know in due time what email client you've chosen. And if you do need help just start a new topic and mention me @Gondola and I'll pop in and do my best to guide you.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer