would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unable to send outgoing mail from my talktalk email address on my iPhone 6

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
First Timer

HI,

I am currently unable to send outgoing mail from my talktalk email on my iPhone 6.

I am getting a username/password error.

I have deleted and re-added the account but it still doesn't work,  I can receive emails but not send them.

I am using the correct password as it is working for incoming emails and webmail.

I have the correct settings.  The outgoing mail server is smtp.talktalk.net and the port is 587

I have recently upgraded the phone to IOS version 12.4.4

What could the problem be?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @ElsieCass 

Just confirm please that you can sign in to TalkTalk Mail here and send the same mailbox a mail message to make sure there's no error and you do receive the message in your Inbox.

On the iPhone settings just confirm please that the manual setup has:

• Use SSL? is Enabled
  • Authentication set to Password
 Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.  Yes I can confirm that outgoing mail works from the link you gave me.

@ElsieCass 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @ElsieCass 

OK that's promising. Proves that the TalkTalk Mail mailbox is working which is a key first thing to check.

If the iPhone mail app is still not working as expected with the settings you have and with the check of setup I've given then power off the iPhone and repower just to make sure after the OS upgrade that the mail app is registering ok.

If still no go then troubleshoot with a different mail app like gMail. The gMail app will usually set up your talktalk email address automatically. Let us know if that works on the iPhone.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer