Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Urgent help needed, login to webmail inactive

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Is there something going on with the webmail on the TT site? Yesterday it was fine but this morning when I try to log in it's just going round and round and getting nowhere, then timing out. I've also started to get video ads on the log in page which I've never had before and when I clicked on the ad-choices icon it took me to my son's Yahoo email account already logged in. I'm using Chrome, never had Yahoo. It's doing the same thing whether I use Chrome or Internet Explorer, and on more than one computer. I can get my email on Adroid with the email client though, it's just the webmail via the TT site that's not working.

My son sent me a video from his Yahoo email last night and it's since I viewed it that things have gone awry.

Any clues to what's gone wrong or is some maintenence being performed at your end?

Pauline
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Pauline

There was an issue with webmail the other day but I've just checked Service Status and logged in to webmail and all appears normal. It's normal via your Android device also.

The fact that your pc and website access / ad blocking is not doing what you'd expect since the download of a video does rather point to changes having been made to your pc.

If it were me I'd disconnect from the Internet whilst carrying out a full anti-virus and anti-malware scan of the pc. Do you run the Supersafe Boost from f-Secure? 

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

I don't think I run the super safe boost but I have got Norton Security Premium on all my devices, and it's set up to do regular scans throughout the day.

It's only accessing webmail via the TT website that isn't working. If I access it via the email client on my phone or tablet I can get in so I don't think it's a password problem. When I click the login button it doesn't tell me there's a problem, it just keeps spooling till it times out. I have 4 email addresses in my account, one is for billing and important messages from TT and I can't get into that one either. Two of them are what my sons had but I'm not sure if they use them now since they left home. Only the one that I use for most things is set up on my Adroid devices so that's the only one I can access through them.

I watched the video my son sent me on my tablet, it was a short clip he'd taken on his phone of my grandchildren not a link to an online video that could have contained malware.

Pauline
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Pauline

On the tablet there's an internet browser, maybe Chrome. Select that and login to webmail on that device just to assure yourself that webmail is working. https://www.talktalk.co.uk/mail/

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Pauline

Service Status has just flashed up a message:

Problems accessing your emails
5 mins ago

We're aware that some customers are currently experiencing problems accessing their emails, we'd like to apologise for any inconvenience caused and assure you that our engineers are investigating this as a priority.

We'll keep you updated right here so check back in an hour for our next update. Remember there's no need to contact us unless you need to speak with us urgently. 

It's not everyone though because my webmail is working ok.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Mmmm, well I did wonder seeing as it's the same on two computers and in both Chrome and IE. I've also noticed that the News & TV Guide page, that it takes you to when you log out of webmail, has changed too so whether that's part of the problem I don't know.

Perhaps it depends on what OS you have as to who it's affecting. I have to admit I still have XP on one computer and W7 on the other, so maybe it's ok on W10. <embarrassed face>

I'll keep checking, thanks Gondola.

Pauline
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Pauline -- -- If its any consolation my webmail has exactly the same symptoms --Its as if the the log in tab isnt registering at all Quiet_face

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Service status has been updated to include which email addresses could be impacted, it seems to be all the ones that were migrated to TT years ago, so if you have a TT email address you might still be able to log in. These are the ones that could be having the problem ...

• tiscali.co.uk
  • lineone.net
  • screaming.net
  • tinyonline.co.uk
  • tinyworld.co.uk
  • ukgateway.net
  • worldonline.co.uk
Pauline
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Just tried logging in again to my tiscali email address and it worked. Smiley_Face Hopefully it's not just temporary.

Pauline
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Pauline -- Mine has sparked into life again as well -- So fair play to TalkTalk they seem to have given the appropriate equipment a good thump and sorted the problem Smiley_Face

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hmmmf! Seems it's still not working properly. I logged into the email I only use for my account billing and information and tried to forward the email about the new TT webmail platform that's coming soon to my other email Tiscali email addresses. It confirmed it had been sent but it wasn't in the sent folder and it hasn't arrived in my other emails. So for now I can log in and read emails but I can't send any. Not good. Quiet_face

Pauline