cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Viewing opened emails on different computer than originally viewed

4 REPLIES 4
Chatterbox

My laptop has died, but loads of emails which have been opened, but not deleted.  I have set up mail on new laptop, but can't see how to get the old emails.

Thanks

Enlightened One

I think a little more info would be helpful in order for you to get a relevant reply.

How did you access your email on your old laptop and how are you doing it on the new machine? Did you use webmail or an email client? If the latter was it set up as POP or IMAP?

Eureka! Pipex mailboxes have migrated!
Chatterbox

Hi, thanks for taking the time to help, I used outlook express on the old laptop, but currently have windows mail. I'm pretty sure it was set up as POP.  Hope I'm not too vague.

Thanks again

Enlightened One

I am sure @Gondola will offer some great advice shortly but in meantime I will offer my own thoughts.

I have recently looked at moving to a new laptop and currently use Outlook Express (OE) on my existing PC. So a similar situation to yourself. If using OE with POP then any emails you downloaded and read will have been stored in a file on your old laptop, Assuming you still have access to the files on your old laptop, or a backup copy, it is possible to transfer those emails to your new one. Unfortunately I have learned that the file type OE uses is not readily compatible with many other email programs. The best I found when looking was a previous version of Thunderbird. From memory I dont think Windows Mail can accept the OE file type.

I hope Gondola may have other, better suggestions for you.

Eureka! Pipex mailboxes have migrated!
Community Manager - TT Staff

closing as duplicate as were helping in your other topic. 

Stephen, Community Manager

Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars l Set your preferences

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.