Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Web Mail Access on 03-04-2020 AM

3 REPLIES 3
wgcuser
Wise Owl

Setting up new installation of Win 10 pro and have attempted to gain access to Web Mail via Firefox Browser - but cannot even reach login/password boxes.

Is there some special trick to using FF + Windows 10 Pro and Windows Standard Security?

Even Outlook 2019 seems slow to pick up auto-configuration settings.

Regards ~ Keep Safe ~

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @wgcuser 

How's things?  Not aware of an issue with the sign in at: https://apps.talktalk.co.uk/appsuite other than one you're aware of with the likes of Kaspersky holding up access with security scanning.

Some members have reported coming up with a post sign-in issue related to cookies. Clearing cookies and cache and then, on the GDPR cookie prompt, not accepting cookies gets them signed in.

Not yet positively identified any malformed cookie causing the issue though.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

wgcuser
Wise Owl

@Gondola 

Thanks for this info - at present I've not deployed Kaspersky Internet Security! (after a rather fraught attempt to download Office 2019 setup software).

I think I'll try deleting the copy of Firefox  (after saving logins & bookmarks) maybe it didn't like the way I moved it from my old PC! - But FF has allowed a connection to another search engine's web mail -.

I don't get as far as displaying anything apart from some 'balls' bouncing to and fro.

Have now got connections to mail via Outlook 2019 - so all is not lost.

BR

Gondola
Community Star

Hi wgcuser 

The 'bouncy balls' going back and forth and 'going nowhere' is the post sign-in issue related to cookies. Clearing cookies and cache and then, on the GDPR cookie prompt, not accepting cookies works.

I deduce the issue is reading cookies and coming across a malformed cookie (or script) that seems to lock up the system. Could do with your help in drilling down to find the root cause when you do your troubleshooting.  I've never been able to replicate the issue here. 

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer