Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Webmail accounts

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Team Player

Have had several email from TalkTalk telling me to register my webmail accounts (onetel and lineone) or lose them.   The adding page refuses, claiming error every time yet I can still log onto these direct from my browser.   What is wrong with TalkTalk cumbersome systems, how do I keep my legacy email addresses?

Ben
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @hampshirehog 

I hope you don't mind me asking but are you back resident in the UK? 

I recall you saying before that you were overseas and the only reason I ask is because access to MyAccount required to manage TalkTalk mailboxes is not available to those resident overseas.

If any legacy mailboxes are associated with a former MyAccount then they need to be unassociated before you'll be able to add to the current MyAccount. The TalkTalk team can do that bit of back-office work for you.

I'll alert them to your situation and you'll probably get a response here from Monday onwards.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Team Player

I got the first TalkTalk email while in Florida and managed to log in and add one legacy account.  Would not take any more either there nor since back in UK.   I have three onetel and one lineone accounts to add - can access them all but the page to add them just tells me I'm wrong.   TalkTalk are doing this the hard way, simplest would have been to input an email from each legacy address wanted kept.   But regrettably TT never do things the simplest way.  Your help appreciated.

Ben
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi hampshirehog 

The maximum number of mailboxes that can be added to MyAccount is 5.

Subject to the 5 mailbox limitation just check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add just the email address(es) remaining to be added to MyAccount and finally save changes.

Heads up that Onetel mailbox management functionality will not be possible until the mailbox is migrated to the TalkTalk Mail platform.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi hampshirehog, I can have the emails added for you. I've sent you a personal message to obtain the necessary information.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi hampshirehog, to confirm you're the account holder can you reply to me via PM (Personal Message) with the following information: 

• Full Name
  • Home telephone number or account number
  • Are you the account holder
  • 1st and 3rd characters of your telephone telephone enquiry password if you have one
  • email addresses to be added to MyAccount.

NOTE: If you don’t have a telephone password why not add one now check out Setting up your telephone password for details

If password is unknown, confirm the below:
  • Your registered email address:
  • Your registered mobile phone number:  

Note: Please do not post personal information directly in the Forums.

Thanks

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.