Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Webmail doesn't load full inbox - only new messages

6 REPLIES 6
RTW_17
First Timer

When using Pipex webmail, it seems only to display new messages in the Inbox folder. How can we load up all messages?

Thankyou in advance

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @RTW_17 

Do you only sign in to your pipex mailbox via webmail?

If you have an email client or email app connecting to the mailbox then that's probably set up as a default POP3 account and downloading and deleting mail messages from the Inbox. An email client may be set to delete messages older than a user specified timeframe. For example set to remove messages from the Inbox that are older than 2 weeks or 30 days.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

RTW_17
First Timer

Thankyou for the reply, @Gondola . This is on behalf of my father, so I cannot access his machine at present. However, on another computer he has Outlook Express and can see all his emails going back forever. Do you mean that they are downloaded to the client, and then deleted from the actual 'inbox' after downloading them? Should we be able to make this change in the Outlook Express client so that it doesn't delete them from the inbox?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @RTW_17 

I'd expect to find that Outlook Express is configured as a POP3 mail account and is downloading all mail messages and subsequently deleting from the Inbox.

The pipex mailbox capacity isn't large, only 100MB. Not suited to storing mail forever.

When the mailbox is ugraded to the TalkTalk Mail platform the capacity is 10GB.

Nevertheless, it's always wise to backup wanted mail messages for safekeeping.

RTW_17
First Timer

@Gondola  it sounds like a better solution would be to download an Outlook client onto his laptop, rather than using Pipex webmail.

Unfortunately TalkTalk could give me no timeframe for the migration of these email to their new platform. 

Many thanks for your help.

RTW_17
First Timer

@Gondola I'm just processing this again - if we install an Outlook client on his laptop, then he still can't get his whole inbox on his new laptop can he - unless from a back-up? 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @RTW_17 

Correct. The mail client can only see what's on the server not what's been downloaded to a device and deleted from the server.