Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Webmail log in issues

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Team Player

Hopefully you can help me.

The short version is that I can’t login to my webmail account. I enter my email and password which then goes to another screen with the following message “the requested URL was rejected. Please consult you administrator. Your support ID is xxxxxx” 19 digits with number changing each time you try to login. The screen changes from a TalkTalk address to “netmail.pipex.net.

The longer version. Last Thursday I tried to login to my webmail account and got the above message. The last time I had used webmail was Tuesday and it worked fine. As I am on holiday and without a mobile I spoke to an agent via web chat and again on Friday to try and sort the issue. Over the 2 days I was asked to:
a. Clear cache and reboot
b. Check I was using the correct Talktalk website to logon
c. Try alternative browsers (tried a hotel PC and daughter tried my own PC at home

None of which worked. On the Friday I was told that the issue would be escalated and to wait 72 hours. I was also told a complaint would be raised for me.

As I have no mobile and the problem hasn’t been resolved spoke with a 3rd agent today. She advised me that what I was saying was different to what she had on the system and as far as she was concerned the issue had been fixed and I was told to wait 2/3 hours. Well that certainly is not the case and if someone was to look at the webchat (I am aware that conversations are kept for monitoring and training) that is not what was said. She also advised me that no complaint had been raised.

The agent said that my issue hadn’t been escalated but then said that the Fault Management Team were dealing with the issue. I was told that there was no further update and there was no way in which she could contact Fault Management. Why I ask??????

It has now been 5 days with no webmail and no resolution in site.
I don’t know if you are able to either offer some advice or find out what the “state of play” is with my issue. I don’t know if this is of any relevance but I did point out to the agent on Friday that I am a legacy customer (ex Nildram with a GOTADSL email address) and last year I had a problem when upgrading to fibre and it took a month to sort out and get me connected

Hopefully you can help. Thank you

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Philip52 

Gotadsl email is a legacy email that's nominally under the umbrella of TalkTalk Business (TTB). If you need support then it's TTB you go to. You can LiveChat or call on 0800 083 3003 - Mon-Sun 8am-6pm or email customerservices@talktalkbusiness.co.uk.  Is that who you've been dealing with?

What I suggest is check that the Gotadsl email is working via TTB webmail Select the gotadsl domain from the drop-down list and enter your email address and password.  Is that the webmail site you have been using and does that sign you in?

You may try an email client.

Set up an IMAP account if you're using multiple devices

The incoming server is: imap.gotadsl.co.uk

The outgoing SMTP server is: smtp-auth.gotadsl.co.uk

Port 143 for email incoming (993 for SSL/TLS)

Port 587 for email outgoing
(TLS is supported so you can use STARTTLS)

Sign in with normal (unencrypted password)

Use network authentication if you have that option

If you get an error message post back.

You'll find in practice that the email platform is hosted by The Very Good Email Company a brand of APM Internet Ltd.  Alternative webmail log-in via MailCore.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Team Player

Thank you for your quick response. I was indeed a talk talk business customer when first taken over by talk talk. However a couple of years ago I had an email from talk talk to say that that I was being transferred to talk talk residential (or something like that)

normally log log on via the talk talk website, tried the business portal as suggested but still no luck. My daughter has tried to access my outlook account at home and I believe works ok. No good for me on holiday when I want to use webmail 

have you been able to get an update from the fault management team?

thank you 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Philip52 

I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you.

In the meantime, please check/update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and home address with postcode (location) then scroll down and add the gotadsl email address to Private notes and Save changes.

It would be useful to know the website address that you have been using up to now to sign in.  And which country you're in currently - this is just to check if there's blocking due to the country being a high risk location for email spam.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Team Player

Once again thank you for your reply.

i have updated my preferences 

i have been using the apps.talktalk.co.uk to log on

currently in Cyprus, emails worked ok for first 24 hours 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Philip52, I have no access to Gotadsl email systems you have to go through the Business team for support. No one is residential support can help you with this. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Team Player

Sorry but I no longer with TTB, TT changed me over to residential (think that is what it was called) a couple of years ago. If I try to log onto ttb is says that user name/password not recognised 

Highlighted

If you need help with a gotadsl address then I'm afraid you have to speak to the business team. They have access to that email system residential teams have none. I have access to all email domains except the business ones. You don't have to be a business customer to get support with the email address. 

Cheers

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Team Player

Hello Ady

As you suggested I contacted TTB through webchat (still away) and yes they do support the GOTADSL address as you suggested.

They do have a problem with their email though it appears to be more to do with sending emails than to do with my problem. They are aware of issues with pipex.net and suggested that I tried the following address.

https://vwm.overssi.net        And it works so if any one else has a similar issue this could well be the solution for them as well

Thank you for everyone's help, pity that the Webchat agent and the fault management team didn't come up with the same solution 6 days ago.

Thanks, Philip

Highlighted
Team Player

Deliberate error, the web address should read

https://vwm.overssl.net

Highlighted

Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. I'm pleased to have been able to offer the correct advice.