Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Website hosting on Talktalk

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
First Timer

I have had my website hosted on Talktalk for some years.  Now I have left Talktalk, I do not appear to have access via my FTP to the talktalk.net server.  OK, having left Talktalk I will have to find a new host BUT my website is still being displayed and I cannot change it nor close it down. Any suggestions for closing it down?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Arrowhead82

Only the owner of the webspace has the ability to delete the content. Your login to that webspace should still be active with the FTP username and password.

Were you given a way of changing the FTP password?

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

Thanks for your reply - only now had a chance to check.

No, nothing is working.  The login to the server, www.rowswell.talktalk.net appears to be all inorder with password, etc. but I can get nothing to happen.

It does not appear to find a server, there are no files appearing in the list and I cannot transfer any files from my computer into a server.

I am assuming that since i moved from talktalk to pop-telecom, I have lost the ability to host on the talktalk server.

Regards

Arrowhead82

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Tony

You've got the hostname, FTP username and password so you ought to be able to access the website.  It all seems to be there.

I've drawn this topic to the attention of the TalkTalk Community support team and an OCE will respond to you right here to help you.

You'll need to ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then in Private Notes add the hostname and FTP username and scroll down and save changes. The Community support OCE will then be able to link this topic to your website and may be able to see why you cannot change or delete pages.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Arrowhead82, Gondola as always is spot on. You should have no trouble accessing your webspace if you have the necessary details. Are you getting any error messages? 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
First Timer

No error messages.  There is no response from www.rowswell.talktalk.net at all.

Highlighted

I can see the file list for the site. I'm using chrome. Are you still not able to access the site?

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi OCE_Ady

Thanks for your interest.  No success so far.

I use FTP Commander and have tried changing passwords to no avail.

I have downloaded FZ Client and tried to connect.  This gives more information (but still doesn't connect) but seems to be saying that the password is wrong.  I have tried all my usual ones  - no success.

Frankly, I am completely at a loss and out of my depth.  Is it just that I no longer have Talktalk as my broadband supplier?

If you can see it in MyAccount still you should be able to reset the password. When you go to do this it'll ask for the MyAccount password again this is not a request for the old webspace password. You just have to use the MyAccount password and then create a new webspace one.