Did you mean: 
Need help?

Webspace Changes ... Alternatives?

1 REPLY 1
Lance007
Team Player

Hi All,

(Best place for this post?) 

My understanding (from an email from TT) is that Webspace is being "removed" 16 July 2018.

Now, I may be in the minority, but I have made use of this Webspace to host my website. In the same email I was offered "alternatives" to continue my site, but I am not yet convinced of their viability. This post is to find other people who may be in a similar situation, and what solutions they have found ... that do not affect them financially.

I first tried to see how "easy" it would be to start a site with "Wix" (TT mention), but have found that their website crashes IE when you try to use it to start to build one. However, even if I could build a site (crashed on two different computers tested so far), I am not convinced (from my reading and current understanding) that this alterative website solution is able to support my website structure, especially as it does not support ftp (from what I read).

I tried looking for another alternative to host my site, but got the impression that every host I found that offered ftp support also required a monthly fee - which I obviously already have covered in my TT agreement.

So, does this "change" affect anybody else? If so, how are you sorting it?

Thanks in advance.

wgcuser
Wise Owl

Guess it depends on what sort of a site you have at present.

Create a blog? On Google?

Pages on FaceBook?

If TT are pulling the plug on web space, the maybe:-

1. It's time to get a domain and a hosting company.

2. Then look for another ISP / Teleco.

3. Bi Bi TalkTalk

:sadtears: