cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

What happens to emails TalkTalk believes to be spam?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Occasionally I do not receive emails, often from government departments or large firms. I believe these may be getting marked as spam, but there’s nothing in the spam folder. As they are often emails asking for confirmation I don’t know what address they are coming from so can’t put it it contacts so as to mitigate the problem. Also I can’t believe that I’ve never received a spam email, so would expect something in the spam box occasionally.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi sjcuk, if the mail is picked up in the spam filters it will be rejected and a rejection message will be sent to the sender. If it's being lost en route to our servers then the sender may or may not receive a rejection notice depending on where the mail is bounced.  Any mail that isn't in your inbox isn't on our servers. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
You're probably already aware of this, but that is astonishingly useless. If it is spam the sender won't be bothered. If it isn't, but sent from an unmonitored email address, which a lot of businesses do, then nobody will see the email you sent. If it's the only contact details the sender has what do they do then - keep sending it in the hope it might get through.
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @sjcuk

The sender's DMARC policy will ensure the sender can receive a failure report.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer