Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Yet Another Pipex POP Issue Discussion

Highlighted
SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor

@OCE_Ady  Thanks for the update, I've also only just got in but when tried (1445Hrs) although a little slow (about 15 seconds) messages came through ok with no connection errors, if it stays like that I will be happy.

Thanks again for chasing.

Highlighted
Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor

@OCE_Ady  Many thanks for following up on our behalf to obtain this explanation and feeding back to us so promptly and fully.  All now seems to have been resolved.

Regards

Highlighted
SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor

Still appears to be working fine, no issues through yesterday evening, last night or this morning (0745Hrs Saturday) so keeping fingers crossed it continues.

@OCE_Ady  Daft question and sorry if you have already answered in previous discussions, but you said this issue was down to "multiple connections coming in from Ukraine" and that admin had to block them. Is this blocking process largely "manual" in that someone has to identify then go off and set things up to block the attack and is that down to the legacy server we are currently using or TT mail network in general. If so will the switch over currently in progress automate this process and therefore make this type of attack easier/quicker to indentify and subsequently better to limit/control in the future. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi SiHancox,

Glad to hear it's still working OK, thanks for letting us know (Sorry, I don't really know the details of the Ukraine issue)

Chris

Highlighted
stevesurrey
Enlightened One

All was fine until late Friday/early Saturday when the servers failed completely. So the latest fix lasted about 3 days! See this new thread https😕/community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Email-Webmail/Major-Pipex-Email-Outage-AGAIN/m-p/2327748#M110972

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi,

Sorry about the outage over the weekend, this is now resolved, are you able to access your mail? 

Thanks 

Highlighted
SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor

@StephenF  Can't speak for the others but my account has been working fine from late Saturday evening. Been out all day today (Sunday) but tried Mail on iPhone periodically (about six times) and got messages on each occasion quite quickly.

Just tried on iMac at 1945hrs and again messages arrived with no issues.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi SiHancox,

Thanks for the update, glad to hear it's working again, apologies for any inconvenience

Chris