Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

blocked emails

ANSWERED
8 REPLIES 8
Philosopher

Hi, I am unable to receive any emails from amazon uk, i can receive from any body else.

I contacted amazon by phone, they say the emails have been sent correctly.

As any mail sent to my talktalk account is automatically sent to my hotmail account so i contacted microsoft by phone and they seem to think it's possible that my ISP is blocking them for some reason.

If this could be looked into i would be grateful .

Community Star

Hi @chiller1 

I'll assume your mailbox is upgraded to the TalkTalk Mail platform so I'll start there.

Have you signed in to TalkTalk Mail and checked for Filter rules?  I feel it's unlikely that TalkTalk will be blocking Amazon on the network filters. But your own mailbox may be blocking or doing an Auto forward and not retaining a copy.

First check the TalkTalk mailbox is working ok. Sign in and send a test email from the TalkTalk mailbox to itself or to test-mail@talktalk.net to make sure the mailbox sends and receives a message.

Then disable Filter rules:

• Select the main menu (triple line icon on the blue header, RHS)
  • Select Settings
  • On the left panel select Mail (or Email)
  • Select Filter Rules
  • If there are any rules listed just select Disable
    (this temporarily removes any filtering of the incoming messages)

Let us know what you find.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Philosopher

hi Gondola,done as you suggested sent mail from talktalk to talktalk, because they auto send to my hotmail account i checked that but no mails, checked sent folder in the talktalk mail box and they showed  as sent.

no rules showed in filter rules

i sent email from my hotmail account to my talktalk account and it came back to me as they should, i then instructed my talktalk box to keep a copy, so i sent another mail from my hotmail to talktalk it came back to me ok, i checked talktalk box and a copy was there also.

cheers 

Alan

Community Star
Solution

Hi Alan (chiller1)

Your testing indicates there may well be an issue in hotmail accepting non-hotmail originated messages forwarded from TalkTalk Mail.  I've asked the TalkTalk team if they're aware of any blocking or rate limiting by Microsoft that does happen from time to time.

Sometimes hotmail will take exception to a particular public IP address if anyone has flagged up possible spam.  Try switching the router off for 30 minutes to try and get a different public IP address allocated. Google search my IP as a quick way of checking your public IP address.

But now that you've got the TalkTalk Mail set up to keep a copy of incoming messages in the Inbox, by changing the Auto forward setting, I'm thinking that the TalkTalk Inbox should be accepting all messages including those from Amazon.

Do you think you could confirm that you are now seeing the Amazon emails in the TalkTalk Mail inbox?

Check your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Add, then scroll down and add the TalkTalk mailbox address to Private notes and save changes. If needed the TalkTalk OCE can look at this from their end.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Philosopher

hi Gondola, emails still not being forwarded from talktalk inbox but at least it's keeping a copy so i can reply from there.

i will shut router down overnight then see if hotmail picks them up.

thanks for your help cheers Alan

Philosopher

hi Gondola, rebooted router this morning then sent msg from hotmail account to my talktalk account and it came back to me.

so it seems you were right (hotmail didn't like that ip address).

once again thanks for your help

cheers

Alan

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Alan, I'm glad to see Gondola's advice got you sorted. Thanks for posting back to let us know. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Philosopher

Hi Ady, no probs

Alan

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Alan,

Just let us know if you need any further assistance 🙂

Chris