Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

can access my account but not my email HELP

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Any advice no problem getting on my account but cant access my mail over last two days keep getting unfamiliar boxes and text in the upper left side of a blank page asking for user name password etc. Have tried all the online help I can see such as adding the email again. and checking permissions. only thing ive noticed is it says one of my devices is using too much internet but im only using this one laptop ???????

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @JaniceH1 

The first step in troubleshooting is to select an Internet browser and please check the sign in to TalkTalk Mail (webmail). Tell us if there's an error message or if you can sign in ok.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Chatterbox

There is no error message and the sign in box is not in the middle like usual. Its in a different script at the top left of a blank page. even filling that in and clicking sign gives me the loading icon which just goes round and round.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi JaniceH1 

I'm not able to see what you see so do you think you could screenshot for me and upload here using the Insert Photos icon (camera or picture on the mobile browser) that's above this Reply area.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

oh im so sorry but I haven't got a clue how to screenshot or upload a photo. Thech is really not my thing sorry. I can see the camara icon but don't know how to screen shot.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi JaniceH1 

The browser may be able to take a screenshot or pressing the keyboard buttons together - alt and prt sc (print screen) will copy the screenshot to the clipbard that can then be pasted into an image editor like Paint and then saved as jpg or png file.

Or Windows 10 has a snipping tool to capture screenshots.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

ill have to come back to this tomorrow got to go on night shift, thanks for your help so far mate.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi there I thought id sent this message already. But I worked out how to do a screen shot and upload it and can you believe it went to the page to shoot it and it was all as it should be and was able to get my mail as normal. must have been a technical issue with talktalk. would just like to say thank you so much for you help. People like you who can be bothered are the best cheers mate.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi JaniceH1 

Sometimes these computers like to play little games. It's only when you look away that they sort themselves out and play nicely once more.

Thanks for taking time out to let us know. We always appreciate your feedback.