Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

can’t change tiscali email password

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Popular Poster

i think my tiscali mail may have been hacked as my amazon, facebook, microsoft and uber accounts have all been hacked in the last few weeks

so i want to change my email password

i can’t change the password using My Account (‘address cannot be added to this account because it is already linked to another My Account’)-been with tiscali for years so must be an old account in the ether relating to a previous address/phone number?

can’t change using ‘forgotten password’-get ‘your password could not be reset at this time.please try again later’-new password fully compliant-tried about 15 times over last few weeks

Any help would be appreciated as the hacking is ongoing-amazon (again) at 4am

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @techhelp322 

If the email system has detected a weak password or a compromised email account, and changed the password or locked the account to help secure customer data, you may need help to recover access.  I'll alert the TalkTalk team for you.

Password Reset details are usually set up for the email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive the reset. Is it when using the Reset your Password option that the password reset is rejected?  It could be because of the suspicious activity.

In the meantime, I see your Community profile is part completed so please double check your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current TalkTalk contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down and add the email address to Private notes and Save changes.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Popular Poster

hello,

Yes get error code when put in new fully compliant password

I am in contact with Talk Talk via text and they have escalated my issue but great if you can apply some pressure

What are your thoughts on how multiple accounts could be hacked-Uber, Amazon (twice), Facebook then Microsoft yesterday?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi techhelp322 

I don't know what your password security is like but here's some advice from get safe online.

Many secure sign-in's now have multi-layer security. Where Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is available then it's wise to use it.  That then means it's not just software involved with passwords it's physical hardware i.e. possession of your mobile phone required to get signed in.

You may wish to consider how passwords are obtained. It may be through malware on your device. In which case scan and remove anything like keyloggers obtaining passwords by recording every keyboard action.

If you use open Wi-Fi networks then worth considering using a VPN connection to secure the connection or just not using insecure networks full stop.

Any previous data breach may be a source of information so check your email address at haveibeenpwned as that may give you a clue and help you to protect any other linked accounts.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi techhelp322, I need to raise a fault ticket for you. I've sent you a personal message to obtain the necessary information.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Gondola,

Thanks for that-most useful

Regards

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi techhelp322, I've raised the fault ticket for you. Please let us know how you get on.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.