Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

cannot connect to email server

ANSWERED
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Problem Solver

keep getting cannot connect to email server. One account takes ages to connect by browser and email client says account settings out of date. Which is wrong. This seems to be a recurring fault with TT. NO problems with gmail or yahoo only TT.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @kobaltx 

What's the email domain that's reporting settings out of date? I'd expect this message to be appropriate for email clients not using secure SSL/TLS settings.

So the follow up question is what email client version and what operating system version is the device using?

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this and we're currently investigating this now. Could you add the affected TT email to the private notes section of your Community profile please.

Thanks

Highlighted
Problem Solver
added the two accounts to private notes. However using browser keep getting cannot connect to email server try again. Windows email client delivering emails now on both accounts.
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @kobaltx 

Looking promising. The issue with webmail is still being investigated. Service Status will update with the latest info available.

Highlighted
Problem Solver
tried firefox and opera with same failed message if that helps
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi kobaltx 

Thanks for taking time out to let us know. It's always useful to have these extra details. Your feedback is always good.

The email client connection has remained good so for the moment use that until TalkTalk fix the webmail side.

Highlighted
Community Star
Solution

Hi @kobaltx 

Service status reports "The TalkTalk Mail issue has now been resolved and the service has been fully restored. We'd like to apologise for any inconvenience caused during this time."

You'll be able to reliably resume using TalkTalk Mail (webmail) but do let us know if there's any additional help we can offer.

Highlighted
Problem Solver
Thanks Gondola seems to be resolved. The response time to the password seems slow. However can access emails just a little patience required.
Highlighted
Community Star

...I'll keep an eye on the response time.  Thanks as always.

Highlighted

Nice work as always Gondola.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted

Hi kobaltx, it's good to see someone marking a support post as best answer and doing it correctly. Thanks for taking the time to do that.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Problem Solver
Last word everything back to normal. Response to password down to 3 seconds so no more settings out of date. thanks again
Highlighted

Great stuff thanks.

Ady