would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

cannot

12 REPLIES 12
snowy1
Wizz Kid

Create a new email address, keep getting the following error message

Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @snowy1 

It's an issue with MyAccount for some customers. I'll get the TalkTalk team aware that it's happening to you.

Check your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) is up to date and includes your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Add, then scroll down and save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account.

Just to confirm, you are putting just the first part (localpart) of the desired email address into the top box? i.e. you don't enter the @talktak.net bit.  And getting the 'Sorry' message although there are green ticks to the right of both boxes?

In my experience it is worth retrying as that worked for me on the retry and the new email address was listed straight away.

Create an email address fail.png

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

snowy1
Wizz Kid
thanks gondola
I don't put the talktalk.net bit in, I get the two green ticks, then error message at the top
Gondola
Community Star

Hi snowy1 

I expect OCE_Ady will pick this up, tomorrow, and let us know if the fix is scheduled for MyAccount.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi snowy1, the last thing I heard on this was that a fix is ready to implement. I've got no date for that, but I'll see if we have more information now and post back to let you know. 

snowy1
Wizz Kid

Cheers ady

Community Team

You're welcome. 

snowy1
Wizz Kid

Hi ady

Any updates? still cannot create a new email address

thanks

Community Team

Well, the fix was applied last weekend and for many that fixed the issue. It seems however from yourself and a few others that some are still affected. I've raised this back to the team responsible for it and will let you know when I get an update for you. 

snowy1
Wizz Kid

Thanks ady

Community Team

You're welcome. 

snowy1
Wizz Kid

This is taking quite a long time.

any updates yet

Community Team

Hi snowy1,

I'm sorry it's taking so long, we'll let you know when we have any more information 

Chris