Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

e-mail not working again

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

As always when I post it's because my e-mail is out of action again.  It has not worked since last night.  Neither mine nor my wife's accounts will connect either by the e-mail client on our computer or via webmail.  According to your Service Status page there are currently no problems with e-mail.  What's going on?

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Scunnyfan, there is now an open incident for this. You can track it in service status.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Yes, Service Status now says some customers are currently having issues logging into Webmail.  It isn't just Webmail that doesn't connect!

Highlighted

As I passed on your comments, my colleague was already updating the status. 

Thanks for posting to let us know. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

OK.  I now find I can log into my Webmail but I still cannot connect via an e-mail client.

Highlighted
Chat Champion
Haven't tried Webmail but POP3 is very intermittent. Mostly it fails with internal server error.
Reg
Highlighted
Chat Champion
Webmail won't load. I get Secure Connection Failed.
Reg
Highlighted
Chat Champion
Oops attempt to login to Webmail gives me "Login not possible at the moment. Please try again later. (LGI-0005)"
Reg
Highlighted

Hi Scunnyfan, you'll get intermittent login until the fault is fully fixed. We've managed to get a partial fix in place to give about 60 percent of attempted connections access while we get this fully sorted. 

Highlighted
Team Player

I can access webmail, but my messages are not getting through to my Windows Live mail account (not even intermittently) . I'm being repeatedly told that I have entered the wrong email address or password.

Highlighted
First Timer

Unable to access my emails AGAIN !!

The only email received this afternoon strangely is my monthly bill from guess who ? Yes talktalk. If they are able to send my bill, why can't they send my other emails ?? No other emails since 08.45 this morning !! Why should i pay my bill for such an unreliable service ?

Highlighted

Hi all, the permanent fix was put in place at about half four on Friday. You should have had normal working service at that point. Please let me know if you still have problems. 

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Yes, everything's been OK since then.

Highlighted

That's great. Thanks for posting back to let me know it's sorted.