cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

e-mail stopped working.

1 REPLY 1
First Timer

Using Talktalk and Microsoft Outlook on a PC. In Outlook /Account settings/repair it wants me to enter and re-enter the password the Internet service provider gave me. How do I find out what that is?

Help please.

help please
Community Star

Hi @s gibbens 

Your email address is paired with a password so that you can access the mailbox to send and receive mail messages. You will have created the password.

If you've previously signed in to TalkTalk Mail (webmail) using the email address and password and you saved the password in the Internet browser you were using then most browsers will reveal the saved logins.

If you have forgotten the password then recovering access depends on you previously setting up password recovery Reset details.

Password Reset details should have been set up for the email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive a password reset. Please try the Forgotten your Password? option.

There will be up to 3 options if normal password recovery options are there:

1. The mailbox itself for routine password changes when the current password is known
  2. A mobile number for a 6 digit password reset code sent by SMS text
  3. An alternative email address for a password reset link

If options 2 or 3 are available then you have the tools to set a new password to access your tiscali mailbox at the TalkTalk Mail sign in here.  But ensure you recognise the options from the hints. Don't use them if you don't recognise them.

If only option 1 is there or you don't recognise the alternatives then you'll need TalkTalk to set up password recovery Reset details.

Let us know what you see.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer