cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

email account gone

5 REPLIES 5
Popular Poster

my husbands email has gone, i tried to repair  it yesterday but it was unable to, then today the account has gone from account settings, i have tried to re-ad it to  outlook but it can not find the email address, i came on here to log in to his account but mail is not accepting his password. i will try again in case it is the move over that is causing the problems.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @ajdstitch 

To sign in to the tiscali mailbox sign in to TalkTalk Mail here. Enter the email address, press Continue. Then if you remember the password enter it in the password box and select Sign in. 

If you don't remember the password then select the Forgotten your password? link.

You can then get a password reset sent to the alternate email address or mobile 'phone number that should have been set up for the mailbox password recovery.

Let us know if that works and you now know the mailbox email address and password.

The email client settings are in the tiscali section of this advice article: Email settings - IMAP or POP3 IMAP is recommended but it's personal preference if you know the difference in operation of IMAP and POP3 protocols.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi ajdstitch, the email address is still on the email database. You'll be able to access it on webmail and you've still got password recovery setup with all the options. Please let us know how you get on.

Highlighted
Popular Poster
thank you, i reset the password and have added the account again to outlook. i did have a problem with the random password that was gene erated not being accepted even though it was longer than 8, had upper and lower case letters, numbers and one of the unique characters shown, so maybe something is up with that.
but thank you.
Highlighted
Community Star

...a random password?  Is this from a standalone password generator?

To be honest, I don't like passwords that are not memorable in some way or another. I use multiple words with added numbers and symbols to make memorable but ultra strong passwords.

There's some good advice at getsafeonline related to passwords.  And you can always test strength at howsecureismypassword 12 - 15 characters should do it and if it takes 3 million years to crack you know it's ultra strong.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

You're welcome. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted.