Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

email from talktalkplc.com saying my mailbox is being closed down

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
First Timer

i have received an email from talktalkplc.com which looks legitimate but doesnt make sense. it purports to be from talktalk and says that my mailbox will be closed down because it isnt connected to a broadband contract. It says i need to subscribe to TalkTalk Mail Plus 

However talktalk ARE my broadband provider.

Is this a spam email/scam  from a third party or is it really from talktalk?

Is this some sort of con to trick me into upgrading to a more expensive service that i dont need ?

I have tried to access MyAccount to investigate this and i cant get into it. When i try to it says my email address is not recognised. I tried to set up a new MyAccount and it says that there is already an account linked to that email address !!!!!!!

How on earth do i access MyAccount ?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @ntrev 

We need to get you access to your MyAccount and then make sure the mailbox email address is added to that MyAccount.

First, please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add the email address you got the mail message notification to with any relevant other notes and finally save changes. TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then locate your registered TalkTalk details.

I assume you have set up a MyAccount to manage your TalkTalk package?  Do you get monthly billing notifications to the email address?  The email address you use to get billing notifications each month from TalkTalk is the sign in email address for your MyAccount.

Sign in here to your MyAccount. If you know the password select sign in with password - it will be the same as the email password if you use a talktalk.net email address.  That email address will already be added to your MyAccount as one of the TalkTalk mailboxes.

If you don't remember the MyAccount password then select Email me a link to sign in and then sign in to your email account to select the MyAccount email from TalkTalk and the sign in link to get into your MyAccount.

If you now have access to your MyAccount then select here to manage the TalkTalk Mailboxes.  Do you see the mailbox address you got the initial mail message from TalkTalk?

That's as far as I'll go now because I need to know how you get on and the answers to the questions so I can assess what additional help to give here and what help to request from TalkTalk.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi Gondola

Thank you for your help.

I have added the the relevant information into Personal Information.

I beleive i created a MyAccount.  I do not get monthly billing notifications to my email -  i still get paper bills.   I am unable to sign into MyAccount because my email address is not recognised - when i click on the link i get a message saying my email address isnt recognised.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi ntrev 

The fact that you still get paper bills means:

• You're paying £24 a year extra just for the paper bills
  • The MyAccount isn't active

So, get hold of one of those paper bills to find your account number and telephone number and start the process to Register for MyAccount. If there's already an active MyAccount with those exact details already registered the process will tell you.  There will be a red banner error message. In this case TalkTalk will need to identify your MyAccount for you.

If your billing details are accepted then it's possible that you have had a MyAccount in the past and the TalkTalk email address you're using now has been linked with that former MyAccount. You will need a different email address that you have access to so you can complete the new MyAccount registration. You can use any email address but just make sure in advance that you can access that address inbox to read incoming emails.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi ntrev, I need to raise an escalation form to have your emails added to your account. I've sent you a personal message to obtain the necessary information.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.