Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

emails not being received from non talktalk senders since Sunday 26/4/20

5 REPLIES 5
ptalk
Conversation Starter

As for several other people, I did not receive many emails sent on Sunday 27/4/20 including order acknowledgments and emails from friends outside talktalk platform. At least some of the senders were not receiving bounce back messages.

This morning I tried some tests. 

8:16 am ..sent test message from outside platform to my xxxx@talktalk.net address.

Result: no bounce back message and still not received by 10:06am  😞

8.18 am ..sent message FROM my xxxx@talktalk.net address to outside platform

Result..message received by outside platform straight away 🙂

9:41 am...sent test message from outside platform to my xxxx@talktalk.net address.

Result :  message received at 9:50am .. almost 10 minutes later.

10:17 am sent test message from outside platform to my xxxx@talktalk.net address.

Result :  no bounce message at sender and still not received at 10:29am... 17minutes later.

One external sender sent an email at 7.24am on Sunday 26/4/20 and it arrived at 9:36am this morning 27/4/20.

Some emails are getting through today but some are clearly not. I have not received all the emails sent on Sunday.

At 10:34am 27/4/20, the email is still not working properly and I am concerned about emails being lost from yesterday.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @ptalk 

if senders do not have mail accepted for delivery then they'll retry and ultimately time out and the user will get a retry fail message.

The MX server for talktalk.net is not working at its best and is passing on mail from yesterday.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

elkinpete
First Timer

I too have exactly the same problem. Confirmation of online purchases not coming through. Talktalk test mail not working. Emails to own address working but slow. I have just received one reminder for meter reading and one from a USA website. No pattern at all!

Scot309
First Timer

I am experience the same problem. I am missing many external order confirmation emails which I know were sent yesterday but have received 2 messages sent this morning. I have carried out the same checks with similar results.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi all

I see the mail server is now working the backlog of mail messages accepted for delivery over the weekend. So, things are improving.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

ptalk
Conversation Starter

Yes thanks, I'm beginning to get some emails that were sent on Sunday 🙂

From your earlier response, "if senders do not have mail accepted for delivery then they'll retry and ultimately time out and the user will get a retry fail message."....

I guess that different sender platforms differ on how often and how many times they will retry and that will affect when the email will eventually arrive or whether it is bounced.