Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

error messageusing email through outlook

6 REPLIES 6
mandye
First Timer

I have always run my email through outlook and 3 weeks ago it stopped working. I keep getting an error message every time it syncs and have not received any email. The message is 

Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for XXXXX@talktalk.net.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for XXXX@talktalk.net. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

The settings in outlook look right with what's listed for a TalkTalk mail account. I have uninstalled and reloaded but still happening. Any ideas on how to fix, please?

Divsec
Community Star

Hi @mandye when you uninstalled outlook did you do device reboot as well and clear the cache?

your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear back soon.

In the meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number which is used to identify your account. Click avatar top right corner then settings, then wizard. Please don't post personal details here for security reasons

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi mandye, have you tried logging in through webmail? If you have what happened?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

mandye
First Timer

I have rebooted but how do I clear the Cache?

mandye
First Timer

I have had to go back to using webmail and it works ok in there. 

Divsec
Community Star

Hi @mandye sorry I should have asked earlier, are you using Android or none of the others?

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi mandye, do you have a live broadband account or TalkTalk Mail Plus account with us? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.