cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

haven't received email in my outlook 2010 account on desk top computer since thursday

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi,

as stated above, I have received emails since thursday, but can get them on my iphone.

I haven't changed anything but always get the prompt 'enter your user name and password for the following server' , when i press OK, i immediately get 'send/receive error' my email address is a @Tiscali.co.uk address. There must be a fault at the server end as I haven't changed anything and had no email issues for several years now.

Is there a fault that could explain the problem?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @janestennett 

There's nothing that we're immediately aware of. There were some email sign in issues at the end of last week. If nothing was changed in your Outlook during the email outage it ought to connect to the mailbox.

The recommended settings for Outlook email accounts are here: Email settings - IMAP or POP3 (click here) just scroll down and expand the tiscali section.

Sometimes an account on Outlook does need deleting and setting up again. So save any emails you were keeping. Either save to a local folder or send to another email account. Delete and reinstate with the recommended settings.

If you need help just take a screenshot of the current incoming and outgoing server settings and advanced settings that you have in Outlook, image edit to obscure the first part of your email address and post here using the Photos (camera) icon above this Reply area.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi janestennett, give Gondola's remove and readd from Outlook tip a try and let us know how you get on.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.