Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

how do I get OCE_ady to escalate my problem

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

how do I get OCE_ady to escalate my problem or at least give me an idea of what's going on , like many others here I can't delete , edit or add mailboxes to my account talktalk threaten to delete mailboxes and suggest we link them to an existing account and then we find we can't , currently the my account option is not available on the talktalk website

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @blodwynblod your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during tomorrow. The team here work office hours.

The community is very busy, what took minutes can take hours. Be patient, avoid multiple posts and stay healthy, please.
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

thanks for that , the more info I get the more optimistic I feel

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi blodwynblod, I've sent you a personal message to obtain the information I need to get this escalated for you. 

Ady

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi blodwynblod, to confirm you're the account holder can you reply to me via PM (Personal Message) with the following information: 

• Full Name
  • Home telephone number or account number
  • Are you the account holder
  • 1st and 3rd characters of your telephone telephone enquiry password if you have one
  • Email addresses you want to remove and the date and time you last tried to remove them.

NOTE: If you don’t have a telephone password why not add one now check out Setting up your telephone password for details

If password is unknown, confirm the below:
  • Your registered email address:
  • Your registered mobile phone number:  

Note: Please do not post personal information directly in the Forums.

Thanks

Ady

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

thanks for the info I have PM'd you with the required information 

regards

BB

Highlighted
Community Team

Thanks BB, I've replied. 

Ady

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

hi , ady ,

nothing has happened so far , 11pm , 5/12/19

regards

BB

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi blodwynblod, there's quite a queue as I'm sure you can imagine, but the team are working hard to get it cleared and have everybody's mails deleted or linked as soon as possible.

Ady

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

hello , it's now 4 months since I started trying to delete my old e-mails and link other working e-mail accounts and 2 months since I contacted talktalk support , it's not really a problem as long as talktalk don't delete the older e-mail accounts as they are threatening to do , increase e-mail accounts to 7 or 8 and the problem would disappear, had I realised that no editing of e-mail accounts was possible I would have taken action in the community or support much earlier , when I first contacted talktalk support on a friday in november they said the problem would be fixed by monday , just keeping the community updated!!!

BB

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi BB, sorry for the delay in getting this done. We've still got a backlog and are still working hard to clear it. It's the community team working this so I can promise that we're working to get this cleared as soon as possible. We will not delete any mails that haven't been associated to MyAccount or signed up for TalkTalk Mail Plus until we've given everyone a fair chance to get it done. There's also work ongoing by developers to clear the issues causing this problem and allowing customers to move add and delete mail as they should be able to. 

Thanks for being so patient with us. 

Ady

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
quick update 15_02_2020 - nothing! 5 months now
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

24-02-2020 I signed up for fibre boost today and now the my account page has changed and there is no option to manage e-mail accounts , am I missing something? my email account page gives the option to add an e-mail address but comes up with the usual unable to proceed at this time, how do I get to my service in my account to manage e-mail , anyone know? ady ??? 

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
it's OK I found it under SECURITY if anyone else has a problem , however still can't manage the e-mails
BB
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

hello davey , don't hold your breath , I have been trying to delete and register email addresses for near 6 months now OCE ady promised to upgrade the request in january  nothing has happened and I have two email addresses that I can't register to my main account as two current e-mail addresses are locked and undeleteable , I was promised by talktalk on a friday in november 19 it would be sorted out by the monday , well here I am waiting, you can see my posts on the matter