Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

ipad email client not working. Help please

ANSWERED
5 REPLIES 5
davep
Insightful One

I have had to change my account password (thanks TT).  Email from my laptop and Asus notepad work after changing the password - both outgoing and incoming on the Asus.

Wife has my (our) email set up on her ipad.  We have changed the password but it won't send or receive due to error.  She switched the ipad off for a while then back on which she says sometimes has some effect, but didn't for this.  My laptop and memo pad use pop (which I hope to continue using), wife's ipad is imap.  Have I missed something setting the new password?  I don't use the ipad, my son set it up for her and we don't really know how to do the finer points of these things.  Hopefully someone can enlighten us!

Thanks in advance. 

davep
Insightful One

I guess no one has had this problem.

Gondola
Community Star
Solution

Hi Dave

As the account is set up as the recommended IMAP account synchronised to the mailbox what I'd suggest is simply removing the account from the iPad and then setting up afresh.

Here's how to remove and add the email account to the iPad (Click here).

Just follow the full advice in the article and let us know how you get on.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

davep
Insightful One

my 2 guesses were that @Gondola would know, and that it would probably need removing and re-adding.  My wife is seeing my son tomorrow and was going to get him to try to fix it.  Whether I'm brave enough is another question.

I dug out a way to set it up as a POP3 account but never got round to it.  She found emails disappeared from her ipad when I deleted them from my POP3 win laptop which I guessed was due to the imap.  I think you told me about that once before!

Anyway, thanks for the info and will try it out later.  Don't really understand why it didn't work when we put the new password in (a couple of times) but then again there are lots of tech things I don't understand. 

davep
Insightful One

Guessed right!  Just done and working.   I'm not as useless as I thought!  I'll remember, maybe...

Thanks again.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Dave

Thanks for taking time out to let us know. Your feedback is always good and above all I had every confidence that your skills are superb.

Enjoy your weekend.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer