Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

lineone email problems

5 REPLIES 5
donovanmiller
First Timer

Hi, I've been unable to access my lineone emails for 18 months. I've had this email address for nearly 20 years and its been my primary email address. This is very frustrating for me because it was one of the most important ways of communicating since my stroke. All my family and friends use this email address to contact me and I've lost contact with a lot of them since then.

Please can you help

Thank you

Best regards

Donovan

Miller
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Donovan

Have you previously set up Password Recovery for the email address? You could use the Reset your Password option. Or if you're a TalkTalk broadband customer or recent customer you can change your email password in MyAccount > My Services > Webmail - Manage Webmail if the email is listed as one of the 5 email addresses. If there's an empty space in the list, you may be able to add the email address with the Manage Existing Emails option.

If not, there's a need to prove you're the legal owner of the email. Double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

Email address affected.

Your Full Name.

Date of Birth.

Phone number linked to the lineone email address when first registered.

Full postal address linked to the lineone email address when first registered.

Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team (for your security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them). Don't forget to save changes.

The personal information is used to verify the details recorded for the owner of the email address.

This topic has been escalated to the TalkTalk Community support team and the email expert will respond to you, right here, to help you with account or password recovery.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi Donovan, is there an alternate number we can call you on in case we don't reach you on the landline number you've provided. 

donovanmiller
First Timer

obscured for customer security

Miller
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Donovan

Do you think you could add that number to your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) Scroll down and add to Private Notes and save changes. The TalkTalk Community support OCE will then be able to give that number to the Network team.

It's never advisable to post numbers in the public forum as you're likely to get scam calls or unsolicited texts.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Thanks Donovan, I've raised the fault ticket for you. You'll get a call later today with your new password. Please let us know how you get on.