Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

lineone.net email won't accept password

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Team Player

On saturday it was server problems, then password not accepted.

Spent an hour on livechat and got reference number.

They rang and I missed call yesterday, today livechat say there is a problem.

The email address isn't listed when I log into my account so I can't reset password.

Suppose I wait for another phone call?

Highlighted
Team Player

It appeared to go wrong on Saturday, reported to talktalk, missed a phonecall from them yesterday, tried livechat today and they tell me there is a problem.

Did they ring to say there was a problem or was there a way to solve problem????

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @cradley1 

I understand the lineone email is not listed in your MyAccount so you cannot change the email password there.

But when it was upgraded to the new TalkTalk Mail platform you'd have received emails urging the setting up of Reset details - an alternative email address and mobile number in order to have ways of getting a password reset.

Password Reset details may have been set up for the email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive the reset. Please do try the Reset your Password option. If there's any alternate shown that you recognise from the hints, and have access to, then please reset the password.

If the self-help password change / recovery options aren't effective then I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you.

In the meantime, please check and if needed update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current address and contact 'phone numbers and then scroll down and add the email address to Private notes and then Save changes.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Team Player
I missed the calls from them, my landline blocks unknown callers and a message was left. I listened to the message, but at the same time they rang my mobile and I missed that as well, the message left was that they had rung and would contact me again. That was over 24 hours ago and nothing else heard, if I ring the number they called from it just says they rang me.

I have no idea what they were trying to tell me!
Highlighted
Team Player
I'll make sure my profile is updated. For many years I've used Thunderbird without problems so not used the Mail platform you entioned.

I'm sure I've tried the reset password option, but the only choice to send it to is the email address I cannot access.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi cradley1, I've sent you a personal message to obtain the necessary information for a fault ticket. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Team Player

Almost the end of another day, how long is it normally before I get a response from a fault ticket - as I never did find out what the missed phone call on Monday would've told me.

Coming up to a week since I was able to receive emails on that email address. Good job I don't use it for the really important emails!!

Highlighted
Team Player

Tomorrow it will be 2 weeks since I was able to receive emails - not very good support from TalkTalk.

There have been some PMs but nothing since Monday, and today is Friday.

Highlighted

Hi, I'm sorry you've not been contacted, but your recovery details have been setup for you. If you go to Password Recovery you'll be able to reset your password. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Team Player

Thank, password reset.

Now got 81 emails to sort through, that'll keep me busy for a while..................

Highlighted

That's great. Thanks for posting to let us know it's sorted.