Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

lineone.net emails

ANSWERED
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Chatterbox

My  wife has stopped receiving emails on her lineone.net account , she has deleted and added account several times and reset password to no avail .Her mailbox is empty and is able to send emails ,any suggestions ? thanks in advance

Peter

Fats175
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Fats 175 

What I understand from your post is that your wife is using an email client or app like Outlook or Thunderbird on a computer or other device and that email client software was set up as a POP3 mail account.  The default for POP3 is that the email client software downloads the Inbox messages to the device and deletes those messages from the server.

Let me know what email software is being used and what operating system is on the device.

I'd suggest troubleshooting first by signing in to the mailbox at TalkTalk Mail (Click here). This is to check that she can send and receive messages ok and proves that the password is working. Send a test message to test-mail@talktalk.net and wait for a reply that should be fairly quick.

Let me know that she can send and receive messages ok.

Just check there's no Auto forwarding or Filter rules in place.

• Select Menu (triple line icon from the top right of the blue header)
  • Select Settings
  • Select Mail (or Email)
  • Select Auto forward and untick the enable if there is any forwarding
  • Select Filter rules and select Disable for any rules
    That's just to make sure there's no unexpected filtering in place

Come back and if TalkTalk Mail is working ok we can talk about setting up the email client or app with recommended settings Email settings - IMAP or POP3 

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Gondola,

Just went tried a few things you suggested and it looks like its working now! Seems my blocked senders was enabled!  Thank you 😀

Fats175
Highlighted
Community Star
Solution

Hi Fats 175 

Excellent news.

Yes, it is possible for the blocked senders filter to not play nicely and block wanted messages.

This what I really like about Community... being able to offer quick and effective troubleshooting.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer