Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

lineone.net

32 REPLIES 32
Highlighted
Participant

I have had a lineone.net email address for years and it is in constant use.  Suddenly it tells me my password is incorrect  and I can't find anywhere to get a reset.  I have been in correspondence with Technical Dept. but am becoming increasingly frustrated at the lack of action.  I hate live chat and would rather speak to a human being, quaint old-fashioned thing!

Cathy Blacklock
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Cathy

Please check the sign in to TalkTalk Mail. Tell us if there's an error message or if you can get signed in.

If you cannot get signed in then Password Reset details should have been set up for the email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive a password reset. Please do try the Forgotten your Password option. If there's an alternate shown that you recognise from the hints, and have access to, then please reset the password.

If the self-help password change / recovery options aren't effective then I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address and Save changes.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Participant

I have done all this.  The issue is with lineone.net and there is no password reset button. Your Technical Dept are supposed to be sorting but very disappointed in the lack of response 

Cathy Blacklock
Highlighted
Community Star

@CathyB70 wrote:...I have done all this.  The issue is with lineone.net and there is no password reset button.

Done all? 

Sorry I don't see an answer to what happened when you tried to sign in to TalkTalk Mail (Click here)?  Did you get signed in or not?

Or what happened when you tried the Forgotten your Password (Click here)  option?  Do you have Reset details set up - i.e. an alternative email address and or mobile number that you have access to?

You have a response right here...but I'll go away if you wish...your choice.

Highlighted
Participant

Reset details should go to obscured for customer security but nothing there.

Cathy Blacklock
Highlighted
Community Star

I've obscured your recovery email address for your protection. Don't want to see you spammed.

I have just checked that the TalkTalk Password Reset process to Yahoo Mail is working normally. It is.

Password reset to Yahoo Mail

When you select the Reset your password link to the recovery email address and select the Continue button you'll see this confirmation:

Reset your password 3 - Email Reset Link.png

As the confirmation says, worth checking the Yahoo Mail Spam folder for the email from myaccount@talktalk.co.uk

Highlighted
Participant
  • I can log into my tiscali emails with no problem I cannot get into lineone account and I am currently getting no message. It was saying incorrect password.
Cathy Blacklock
Highlighted
Participant

I am not getting the email with the reset link!!  I have checked spam every time.

Cathy Blacklock
Highlighted
Participant

I can only get reset your password if I try to add in a new account

Cathy Blacklock
Highlighted
Participant

I’ve just tried again but nothing

Cathy Blacklock
Highlighted
Community Star

That's a bit confusing...

@CathyB70 wrote:...I can only get reset your password if I try to add in a new account

I don't understand what you're saying about adding in a new account? Adding where?

The Reset your password recovery journey starts with Click this link Forgotten your Password and it should take you to:

Reset your password 1.png

You enter the lineone email address, select the I'm not a robot reCAPTCHA and press the Continue button. So long as you don't get a message saying the mailbox is deleted then it'll take you to:

Reset your password 2 - select how to send reset.png

And you select the bottom green button for the recovery email address so long as you recognise it from the hints and then select the Continue button.

The thing that can go wrong at this stage is if the recovery email address has been changed by a hacker so that it is different but the hinted at part appears like your recovery email address.

Highlighted
Participant

That’s what I did but I didn’t get the text option, just the 2 emails.

Cathy Blacklock
Highlighted
Community Star

Assuming that the recovery email address is correct then selecting that and selecting the Continue button should send an email to the recovery email address.

I've checked that sending from TalkTalk to Yahoo Mail is working and specifically that the email recovery link is reaching the Yahoo mailbox that I have set up.

So, one final bit for you to check is that the Yahoo Mail account is not filtering or blocking TalkTalk.

In Yahoo Mail:

• Select the Settings icon (cog wheel) usually top right hand side of the screen
  • Select the triple dot icon More Settings
  • In the left panel inspect 'Security and privacy' for blocked addresses
    make sure that talktalk.co.uk is not listed
  • And inspect 'Filters' for filtering of any talktalk mail
    delete any suspect filters

Having done that you'll have done everything possible that I can think of to troubleshoot the issue.

I'll make sure that TalkTalk are alerted and you'll get a response here tomorrow, subject to workload, and the best thing then would be to set up new Reset details with a different email address and a mobile number so you have full recovery options going for you.

Highlighted
Participant

Thank you for the advice. I have checked and no issues with locking or filters. I’ll await a further response but this has been going on for 3 days now.

Cathy Blacklock
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi CathyB70, when you check your spam folder are you doing that by logging into webmail? If not please try that for me. It sounds daft, but trust me it will be different to what shows in a mail client. 

Ady

Highlighted
Participant

I am looking for an email sent to my yahoo address, not tiscali. I am logged onto webmail.

Cathy Blacklock
Highlighted
Participant

Is there a way to change the recovery email address?

Cathy Blacklock
Highlighted
Participant

Hello, is there anybody out there?

Cathy Blacklock
Community Star

Hi Cathy

Reset details are set up by the customer from within the mailbox Settings.

If you cannot sign in to your lineone mailbox then the TalkTalk team will need to set up new Reset details for you. It looks like you have already followed the guidance I gave in post 2 in this thread as your profile is 80% complete.

The TalkTalk OCE Team will be back here giving us support from Monday onwards.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi CathyB70, if you can't login to the lineone mailbox please let us know. 

Ady