Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

lineone vanished

10 REPLIES 10
fastcat
Chatterbox

I  have had  a lineone account for years and now i cannot access my email as says invalid email or or password.

been on the chatline  twice with the second chat   telling me to contact Lineone or ring the operator!! . When Ipointed out  that lineone had been taken over by Talk Talk so  how could I contact Lineone she offered a  weak aplogy but clearly has no idea what she is doing. Eventually she  ended the chat saying she couldnt help me and cut off the chat. Some service from Talk Talk.

on 27 april  after the first chat received a text with reference INC000015455453 but nothing has happened  and still unable to  access my lineone e-mail account.

Any help would be appreciated

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @fastcat

First, to see your posts, and so others can help you, you'll need to verify your Community membership email. Here's a note.

Moderator Note: fastcat - To see your posts, please verify your Community Membership by clicking on the verification link in the community-notification email. If you've registered with an email address you cannot access then change the Community profile settings email to an alternate and please verify that.

Have you previously set up Password Recovery for the email address? You could use the Reset your Password option. Or if you're a TalkTalk broadband customer or recent customer you can change your email password in MyAccount > My Services > Webmail - Manage Webmail if the email is listed as one of the 5 email addresses. If there's an empty space in the list, you may be able to add the email address with the Manage Existing Emails option.

If not, you'll need to prove you're the legal owner of the email. Double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

Email address affected.

Your Full Name.

Date of Birth.

Phone number linked to the email address when first registered.

Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered.

Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team (for your security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them). Don't forget to save changes.

The personal information is used to verify the details recorded for the owner of the email address.

This topic has been escalated to the TalkTalk Community support team and the email expert will respond to you, right here, to help you with account or password recovery.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi fastcat, I'm happy to get this fault ticket raised for you, but would you check the spelling of your surname for me? 

fastcat
Chatterbox

hi 

surname  as per private notes in profile -

Community Team

My apologies I just had to be sure. I've raised the fault ticket for you. You'll get a call with the new password this afternoon. Please let us know how you get on. 

fastcat
Chatterbox
many thanks
Community Team

You're welcome. 

fastcat
Chatterbox

Hi

able to access email now having received a new password so thank you for that.

one question tho, as I do not have a talk talk account  how do I change the new  password  on webmail  login  to something I can remember.

finally must congratulate Talk talk  on their speedy  response and assistance  and recommend users to use the community rather than the on line chat.

cheers

Community Team

For the time being you won't be able to change the password yourself. This may well change in the coming months, but for now you're stuck with the horribly complicated password you've been given. 

fastcat
Chatterbox

ok I will live with that as I can at least access emails

again many  thanks

Community Team

You're welcome.