Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

mother can't access her email account

2 REPLIES 2
Dexter_dog
First Timer

I am trying to sort out my mothers email and can't access the account. it may be some tine since she used it as she has been in hospital for an extended period. it's a talktalk.net email and she has a Talktalk phone and broadband account. I have seen a suggestion that the email may close down if not used for some time. is this correct? if so, what does she need to do to get access again?    

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Dexter_dog 

Here's the advice article on managing your email in MyAccount.

If your mum signs in to her broadband MyAccount , selects My Services from the toolbar and then Manage TalkTalk Mail from the drop-down list she should see the email address in the list of My Mailboxes.

If the email address is not in the list then it'll need to be added as soon as she knows the password.

If she's forgotten the password then hopefully Password Reset details have been set up for the email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive a password reset. Please do try the Forgotten your Password? option. If there's an alternate shown that she recognises from the hints, and has access to, then please reset the password.

If the self-help password reset options aren't there I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you. They'll need to verify your mum as the registered email user and set up Reset details so she can get the password changed.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

StephenF
Community Manager - TT Staff

Hey , 

Sorry for the delayed reply, we're doing our best in these unprecedented circumstances due to the Corona virus to answer everyone as quickly as possible. Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number (mothers)
  • Alternative contact number
  • Could you also add her email account in your personal information so we can check it out. 

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Stephen, Community Manager

Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars l Set your preferences

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.