cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

no spam option

10 REPLIES 10
Chatterbox

I have recently switched to TalkTalk and can't find an option to block emails as spam on the web-mail website, looking on Google it appears the should be a 'mark as spam' option on the task bar but this isn't there?

Community Star

Hi @grum633 

I'll report this for you.

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es) with any relevant other notes and finally save changes. TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then locate your registered TalkTalk details.

I have previously reported the lack of a 'Mark as Spam' option on new mail accounts created last year. I suspect it's just a configuration issue with the OpenXchange mail settings but it's obviously still awaiting a fix.

The Mark as Spam feature has not yet been restored on new mailboxes created in July and August.  Is this on the fix list?

Mark as Spam missing from the toolbarMark as Spam missing from the toolbar
 Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi grum633,

Thanks for reporting this, we'll let you know when there's an update 

Thanks
Chris

Hi grum633, are you still not seeing the mark as spam button? I've just checked my test account and the mark as spam button is showing as expected. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Chatterbox

Hi, no I still have no 'mark as spam' button?

Can you confirm which browsers you've tried with and your Operating System and version?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Chatterbox

Hi, I use Firefox I have tried using Google Chrome and have the same issue there as well, oddly if a friend signs in using their account on my PC they do have the 'mark as spam' option available on both Firefox & Google Chrome?

MY OS is Windows 10 Home 64bit version 1909

Chatterbox

Hi, I use Firefox I have tried using Google Chrome and have the same issue there as well, oddly if a friend signs in using their account on my PC they do have the 'mark as spam' option available on both Firefox & Google Chrome?

MY OS is Windows 10 Home 64bit version 1909

Community Star

Hi grum633 

I believe the 'no mark as spam' issue is a TalkTalk Mail account setup issue. Your accounts, two of my accounts but the accounts of your friend are ok.

Chatterbox

Is there any update on when my issue will be resolved?

@Gondola 

@OCE_Chris 

@OCE_Ady 

Thank you for your assistance 👍

Community Star

Hi grum633 

I wish I had some good news such as... "I was waiting for 9 months and TalkTalk fixed it for me."

But sadly not. I still have two mailboxes minus the Mark as Spam feature.

I guess, at this time, fixing it will be low on the priority list.